Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Nov-2005, 20:06
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
24 month service

Whats the 24 month service gonna cost me? bike's done 2500 miles..........
Old 21-Nov-2005, 20:10
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Mine was done at Italia Moto in Lincoln for £328 inc vat. Included belts, brake fluid swap and all other normal service stuff.

Great guys who are enthusiastic about Ducati's.
Old 21-Nov-2005, 20:53
Big Twin

Mate had his 749 done for 2 yr service at Italia recently and it was £634 (incl VAT I think). How come the bg difference?
Old 21-Nov-2005, 21:05
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Mine was a straight forward service with nothing else needed. The service did include belts, brake fluid, coolant and all other service items, test ride, emission test and set up etc etc ..... maybe they like my smile
Old 21-Nov-2005, 21:11
Big Twin

Mood: r
ducati manchester do 6000 mile service at £447 on their web site. (749-999).
Old 21-Nov-2005, 21:22
Big Twin

I know this was discussed a while back and there was a wide range of prices quoted. I don't understand really, Ducati dealers area ll suppsoed to be charging the same and I beleive it's a 10 hour service (at £35 last time I asked) plsu the parts. The parts should be oil plus filter (£30?), petrol filter and O-ring (£25?), belts (£100?), fork oil (supposed to be changed at 2 years), plus an unknown number of replacement shims for the valve clearances. I make that about £500 plus, and that might be plus VAT. £447 plus shims and VAT I could beleive, but £328 incl seems too good to be true.

Of course I am keen to know too, because my 749S is overdue now for 2 year service and I am struggling to afford it at moment.
Old 21-Nov-2005, 21:35
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
I had my forks reworked last year, so thats off the list.

Do they take the heads off to do the valve shims? i could have a bit of porting done...........and the cams timed correctly when they do the belts........not that i need any more grunt really, but............
Old 21-Nov-2005, 21:55
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
Erm, like, erm how overdue can you go before it is likely to lunch itself ??? I'm thinking of maybe a year, maybe two

Erm ... no. The belts will deteriorate with age, regardless of whether you run the engine or not. I have a mate with a '97 916 and he'd not managed to get out on his bike for an entire year (workaholic!), so it needed a major service before being ridden. Fortunately he had the sense to get it fetched in a van rather than ride it in because after 3 years the belts were crazed and perished.

Having said that, it doesn't get to 2 years then suddenly fall apart either. They do that pretty much continuously anyway! (joke - I think).

[Edited on 21-11-2005 by HW]
Old 21-Nov-2005, 22:05
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
I know this was discussed a while back and there was a wide range of prices quoted. I don't understand really, Ducati dealers area ll suppsoed to be charging the same and I beleive it's a 10 hour service (at £35 last time I asked) plsu the parts. The parts should be oil plus filter (£30?), petrol filter and O-ring (£25?), belts (£100?), fork oil (supposed to be changed at 2 years), plus an unknown number of replacement shims for the valve clearances. I make that about £500 plus, and that might be plus VAT. £447 plus shims and VAT I could beleive, but £328 incl seems too good to be true.

Of course I am keen to know too, because my 749S is overdue now for 2 year service and I am struggling to afford it at moment.

Get it up ti Neil at Cornerspeed you know it makes sense

Chris.
Old 22-Nov-2005, 07:12
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Mate had his 749 done for 2 yr service at Italia recently and it was £634 (incl VAT I think). How come the bg difference?
Possibly because the valve shim clearances needed adjusting.For a bike with 2.5K on the clock it should be just a matter of checking them.'Stretta motors are a bitch to work on,and time consuming,if the shims need changing.