Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Nov-2004, 08:16
Mille

Mood: Erratic
I’ve got to disagree with this, put a 6” rim on the back and you will loose all your slow seed turn in. Fine if you’re just on the track but for road work especially through town you’ll run wide on all those small islands etc. My SP1 was a pig through town, 6” rim. I wasn’t happy with the 916 until I put a 180 on it.
Old 24-Nov-2004, 08:42
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by S.P
I’ve got to disagree with this, put a 6” rim on the back and you will loose all your slow seed turn in. Fine if you’re just on the track but for road work especially through town you’ll run wide on all those small islands etc. My SP1 was a pig through town, 6” rim. I wasn’t happy with the 916 until I put a 180 on it.

not with a 190/55 you wont. it has a higher profile than a 180/55.
Old 24-Nov-2004, 10:29
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
A couple of guys on here had the same query before they bought some of those carbon/mag wheels off me. DUK said theyd go on fine and the difference to an avergae rider would be negligible. To be honest at my level I didnt really notice that much difference on the track (ive ridden with both)

Cheers
Nat
Old 24-Nov-2004, 11:52
Big Twin

My bike has a 6 inch mag marchi fitted, and is currently running a nearly new 180 Bt12ss. It looks very flat in profile, and 'rides' like a squared off tyre when going over banding/lines in the road etc...ie bloody awful.

So I'm also thinking of changing. Ran standard 180 Diablo before on my 748 with a 5.5 inch rim. Sweet as.

I've been looking around and it seems that pirelli do the super corsas in a 190/55 which the the best profile I think for a 6 inch rim...so the question is...what are SC's like for the road, a possibility or a big no no. I don't do much/any riding in the wet. What king of milage are you likely to get from them (i understand they do different compounds?)
Old 24-Nov-2004, 12:11
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Harv748
My bike has a 6 inch mag marchi fitted, and is currently running a nearly new 180 Bt12ss. It looks very flat in profile, and 'rides' like a squared off tyre when going over banding/lines in the road etc...ie bloody awful.

So I'm also thinking of changing. Ran standard 180 Diablo before on my 748 with a 5.5 inch rim. Sweet as.

I've been looking around and it seems that pirelli do the super corsas in a 190/55 which the the best profile I think for a 6 inch rim...so the question is...what are SC's like for the road, a possibility or a big no no. I don't do much/any riding in the wet. What king of milage are you likely to get from them (i understand they do different compounds?)

the 180 would run crap its not the right tyre for the rim.

pirelli do a 'street' version of the super corsa which i have used in the past. fine on dry roads more grip than you can use. clearly not too good in the wet but that doesnt sound like an issue.

they also do the 'race' versions sc1 sc2 sc3 slightly different compound i beleive and designed to work at their optimum at higher temperatures that you get on track. i have these on as i tend to do a bit more track work now.
Old 24-Nov-2004, 12:46
Big Twin

So you use Sc's for the road then Dickie...which compounds?

Whats the wear rate like...acceptable or just stupid?!
Old 24-Nov-2004, 12:58
BSB Star

i've used the street version on the road in the past with no problems what so ever but bear in mind i do generally summer riding so warm temperatures and fairly spirited riding.
the race compounds sc1 sc2 sc3 etc will be harder to get up to temp on roads though so i take it a bit easier on them until i have confidence in them. i only use the race compounds as trackdays is where my priorties lie really otherwise i would stick with the street version.

wear wise, for me i get rid of them when i lose confidence on them on track but im sure you could get 3k+ road miles on them.
Old 24-Nov-2004, 12:59
BSB Star

and sorry...... i've got an sc1 front with an sc2 rear .
Old 24-Nov-2004, 13:06
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
so if you get a 6 inch rear is the tyre size to go for 190/55 17 ?
Old 24-Nov-2004, 13:13
BSB Star

yup