Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Dec-2004, 19:22
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
and I guess all bodyworkd etc is removed before? Also, do you stand in the garage and do your own oil change etc??
Old 07-Dec-2004, 19:25
Ducati Corse

Bianchi, does Ducati UK consider that to be correctly serviced as far as warranty claims go? Cant believe they would entertain a claim to be honest, how can they be sure what grade of oil you have used etc? Big risk in my opinion. Plus as we have said on here before a 6000 mile service takes most of a day and the belts alone will cost upwards of £50, plus £35 for oil, £15 for the oil and air filters etc. Do they take cams out to check for flaking chrome?
Old 07-Dec-2004, 21:47
Mille

It is a 6K SERVICE - by the Ducati servicing manual.

Anything over and above that - you pay extra for - except on this occasion included in the deal to me is belts and rotor nut tensioning.

At the 12K service they checked for chrome flaking and valve clearances at the same time as they changed the belts (I got the old ones back). I think the manual states valve checks and belts to be done at the 12K service interval.
If all else fails read the manual.

It is not Ducati UK I deal with.

If you have a warranty claim you firstly take it to the dealer and discuss the situation with them. Warranty claims are taken up by the dealership. They act on your behalf if they consider the issue needs raising with Ducati UK.
M&S have maintained my bike to a high degree. The high mileage is testament to that.
Ducati service stamps in my service manual indicates to me that they are happy with the way I change my oil. Genuine Ducati parts are used, even down to the washers for the sump and pre-filter.
As you know checking the oil pre-filter is very important as it gives you advanced warning of any chrome failure. I use a strong magnet to remove any particles on the filter. If there was chrome flaking the magnet would not be able to attract it, 'cos chrome is non-ferous.
I use Motul 300V, most Ducati dealerships use it.

Oh I forgot to add also included in the price is collection and return of your bike within a 25 miles radius of Newcastle.
For this I ride/visit my father in South Shields, obviously they don't collect from Scarborough. (Just thought I'd put that in!!)

Done deal in my opinion
Old 07-Dec-2004, 22:31
Ducati Corse

Well as long as your happy thats all that matters.