Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 23-Feb-2006, 10:56
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Testing

We're off testing at Pembrey this weekend.

Does anybody have a carbon fibre snow plough to fit a 996 that they're not using that I could borrow?
Old 23-Feb-2006, 11:29
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I've got a titanium one, but I'll be using that at Brands on Sunday!!!!
Old 23-Feb-2006, 12:19
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Rumour has it all the press will be at Cadwell,this weekend,as jonny fart pants, aka (yeti), puts the beast throught its paces !,he's more than capable of dealing with any riding conditions !,not like you shandy drinkers,Snow,whats that ??

He flies back into the country today,having been on a secret testing mission,for the Ducati austin parts unlimited team at daytona,in readyness for the start of the AMA season,i'm sure hodgy & the team,will be able to sleep easier,knowing that jfp,has used his vast knowledge & experience,to get the bike ready !

[Edited on 23-2-2006 by Simon Reed]

[Edited on 23-2-2006 by Simon Reed]
Old 25-Feb-2006, 20:14
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Rumour has it that Garry had a biggy today and has done a fair bit of damage to his 996, not heard how he is, waiting for Dallas to get back, he has decided to return a day early after failing to get his 996 to run properly, and without garages and good light staying there for more of the same tomorrow seems a bit pointlees.
Old 25-Feb-2006, 20:23
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Spoke to garry,he's fine,bikes not too good,top yolk,broke & new paint scraped !,he's hoping to get some bits,& re-build overnight !
Old 25-Feb-2006, 20:33
MotoGP God

Thats good news, hope he sorts the bike, he should have pinched Dallas's top yoke and maybe a few other parts berfore he left.
Old 25-Feb-2006, 22:48
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Bad luck, I hope Garry's not too battered and the bike can be stuck back together without too much expense!

Poor bugger!
Old 25-Feb-2006, 23:41
MotoGP God

Garry can't be that bad if he's trying to get the bike fixed overnight so he can get out again tomorrow for the second day of practice.
Should make for a interseting report in the near future
Old 27-Feb-2006, 14:56
Mille

Mood: Up For It!
Wow, news travels fast!

3rd session out (running on cut slicks as I thought the cuts would get enough heat into the tyres) starting to press on a bit but not race pace or anything like tipped into left hander (approx 90 ish) and the front just tucked, tarmac all the way to the tyre wall so slid for a long way whilst watching the bike slide on its side without scrubbing off any speed into said tyre wall.

My new Texport gloves did their job as did my Dainese's although all look very secondhand now, but thankfully I wasn't hurt (six other riders dropped it on the same corner during the weekend, some less fortunate).

Usually carry a fair amount of spares with me so thought it would be simple job of changing bodywork, pegs, bars etc. got to the scrutineering bay and was horrified at the sight of my bike with not only every panel of its new bodykit trashed but the front wheel was rammed against the fairing locking it solid, the forks were at a bizarre angle, the top yoke was broken down the centre and in two pieces, the stem had been ripped out etc. etc. but you get the picture, initial thoughts were 'thats the season over before it's even started' but once I'd finished sulking got the bike back to the awning and started to strip it down to assess the damage.

Forks and headstock looked straight so I needed top and bottom yokes, stem, housing, wheel spindle (bent), tank pin, fairing/clock bracket (trashed) etc. all of which was delivered to the circuit a few hours later by Rich Llewellin of Louigi Moto who had everything I needed after a rummage in the workshop.

Early start Sunday morning and with Rich's help the remaining parts were replaced and I got back out for a few sessions Sunday afternoon.

There were numerous comments and some very surprised faces when it was back together and out on track as it looked very sad indeed when it first arrived at the scrutineering bay after my off.

Few jobs to do before Pembrey, but I will be out on the 18th/19th March for the first meeting.

Massive, massive thanks to Rich not only for sourcing and delivering the necessary parts but also for all the help in putting it all together, also thanks to Deano, Tim and Richard Watts and everybody else that mucked in!

I'm now in the market for some one piece leathers - size 52 or 54 and a fuel tank - u2u me if you've got anything.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit