Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Feb-2006, 19:25
manny fagnet

appologies for spelling in advance!
tomayto or tomarto, i say duck you say duke.
Old 24-Feb-2006, 19:33
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by manny fagnet
appologies for spelling in advance!
tomayto or tomarto, i say duck you say duke.

Whatever you like - DUCKY!! See ya Sunday
Old 24-Feb-2006, 19:39
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Just spoken to WeeJB.

I will now be there in Snapper mode so should get those shots you want John of the said "MISSILE" - Hope your forecast is correct...sunny with some cloud is perfect for me and my camera
Old 24-Feb-2006, 19:44
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Hey Guy,you'll need to be there early,otherwise you'll be behind sky tv,and MCN etc!!!,they all want a piece of jfp !!!!

Old 24-Feb-2006, 19:48
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido
Just spoken to WeeJB.

I will now be there in Snapper mode so should get those shots you want John of the said "MISSILE" - Hope your forecast is correct...sunny with some cloud is perfect for me and my camera

Great stuff Guy, see you there mate.
Old 24-Feb-2006, 19:50
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Hey Simon,

I'm the mad git who slept in a car in a layby outside the entrance of Knockhill at last year's BSB just to get the early start.....even the police were putting cones "around" my car which was in their way and they didn't wake me. Nice fellas eh!!!

I'll be there..!!!! no fear of that.
Old 27-Feb-2006, 00:08
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Well that blew the cobwebs away

Apart from the sight of Yeti standing by his beautiful bike on the grass at Charlies 1 that is. Poor begger went down for what sounds like no apparent reason other than cold tyres and a cold track, strange one. He got it fixed and was straight back out though. (gorgeous bike mind you).

Mark an I did a bit of rescue/recovery in the No Limits van. There were a few fallers, all lowsides, pretty much all at low speeds, minimal damage and nobody hurt. It wasn't as cold as we anticipated, but the track temp was still bleedin cold and we had a hail-storm part way through just as it had got totally dry as well.

Dried up again enough to really go for it, then another short burst of rain. More dry skies, but the track then didn't have time to get totally dry again.

By 4.00pm everyone had had enough track time and there was one bloke left on circuit. He had booked on the ACU group and the Fast/Inters group and had done 13 sessions. As there was nobody out and nobody came down for the next fast session at all, we didn't chequer it, just left him out there wondering if he would come in or run out of fuel, he must have had a heck of a day.

So by just after 4.00pm, nobody else was coming down, they'd all had 6 sessions with an hour still to go, so I couldn't turn down the opportunity of an empty Cadwell and the old shed sitting there patiently with the tyre warmers on, so off I went for a few laps on my own. Poor marshalls thought they'd finished for the day until they heard me start it up. They all had a look out of their boxes, saw it was me and crawled back in out of the cold - it was like a ghost town.

I did a few laps on a damp track at a reasonable speed, having lods of fun until I think the heat in my tyres must have started to disappear as after about 5 laps it started to get slippy. I came over the mountain, front wheel off the ground and the back end spun up big time - the bike went to one side and my foot came off the peg, bottom off the seat - that was the sign to come in.

Guido was there as the No Limits photographer for the day, so had a good few chats with him, Also Yeti of course, plus ChrisP came down to watch - good to see you mate and of course the main man JR was there, so met him and had a long chat about racing and trackdays - what an absolute top, top bloke he is, as is his Dad.

Highlight of the day for me was having a go on my mates 748. Oh that felt good, I'd forgotten just how stable a bike they are, even on cold road tyres in the damp, I was giving it some berries and it behaved superbly. Hmmmmm....

Really looking forward to two weeks today on Sunday 12 March, back at Cadwell again.....bring it on

WeeJohnyB
Old 27-Feb-2006, 00:18
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by WeeJohnyB
Really looking forward to two weeks today on Sunday 12 March, back at Cadwell again.....bring it on

I'll be back...........................
Old 01-Mar-2006, 00:48
Montjuic

That last bloke in the ACU group was me. I had to come in as my hands were seizing up from the cold and my lap times were getting slower. That was the second time ever I had ridden the bike and first time I'd ever used wets (they're awsome)! I'd had half of the day with a blown fork seal and oil leaking over one of my disc. Those brakes were still lifting the rear wheel though! Can't do any more track days until I get my forks back from K-Tech towards the end of march so thats all the practise I'll have before my first ever race which is at Cadwell on the 26th.
I managed to find a good suspension setup (for the wet anyway) so I'm in with a fighting chance of a good result.
I must see about a generator as I ran the whole day without tyre warmers.