Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-May-2005, 23:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Question for anyone who has had suspension revalved/resprung.

I've just had 996R resprung/revalved to suit me. When i had this done on an ST4S the results were superb. At first i thought it had been set up to soft, but it rode brilliantly, handled great and just absorbed bumps really well.

This time round it is set up harder and less compliant than the stock settings. I have slowly backed of the settings over the last couple of weeks, including 2600 miles in France and Spain over a variety of road conditions, but it still feels like its set up for someone 10 stone heavier than me.

I have spoken to the people that did the work and they were very helpful and said bring it back and they'll get it sorted.

My question to any of you out there is if you have had this type of work done yourself did you find that the bike worked so well that you barely noticed the suspension, magic carpet type ride effect, rather than rock hard, hope the roads smooth.

I know the bikes 996R and ST4S are to different bikes but i still believe the end result should be better.

Before anyone asks, i did describe what i wanted/the type of use, my weight etc.

I'm not in anyway nameing or indeed ****ging off the people who did the work, just want to know your results.

Thanks
Old 08-May-2005, 00:24
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I don't think it will help much, but I had the forks on my 996R re-valved from 20mm to 25mm. It is a firm ride with less dive when braking
Old 08-May-2005, 11:24
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Had a similar problem with my 998 forks , got them revlaved/sprung to suit me & spent the next year gound round & round getting nowhere fast , got fed up & sent the forks to K-tech & found out that the revalve was not what i had thought , after getting them back form K-tech i was very pleased with the results & have not touch any setting other than a bit more preload at the track

My two cents , If the forks have been set up to youre spec then why should you need to find a good setting , one or two click either way should be enough to sort it if the Dealer knows his stuff
Old 09-May-2005, 07:54
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
I have a maxton resprung rear std shock, and maxton reworked tin forks fitted to the 916. it feels far less harsh than the standard setup and much smoother but also a bit lazier to tip in. this could also be the brand new BT014's after running a 012ss front prior.
its also dead handy as i live less than 5 mins walk away from maxton