Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Nov-2005, 20:14
Mille

special

The motor would be a 350 ypvs
Old 14-Nov-2005, 20:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Mate Dougie at work has just put a YPVS engine in a Mito chassis, pics of it on the web somewhere he just had some Gibson pipes done for it about a week ago. The guy who had my forks for his Mito chassis has a CB500 engine in it with a Turbo fitted and a lot of home engineered parts, makes around 130bhp
Old 14-Nov-2005, 20:42
Mille

Christ a 500 in a mito chassis with turbo as well. its amazing what people can do.

Think i seen the mito 350 with the gibson pipes?? on a bench if i remember both coming out on the right side of bike.

The reasons behind the ducati forks is that i wanted something different everyone seems to go for the rgv fronts
Mine is based on the tzr125r chassis .

The other main thing was to keep the original speedo so needed forks that use the drive and have means to lock it on fork leg.
Im open to other suggestions even thought maybe rs250 aprillia ones
Old 15-Nov-2005, 08:04
Montjuic

Sounds like thats going to be a very nice bike, once finished. I've seen a KX500 motor fitted to a monkey bike, was'ent brave enough to have a go, most people managed about 5 foot before being dumped on the dirt!!!
Old 15-Nov-2005, 11:40
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by beek
Christ a 500 in a mito chassis with turbo as well. its amazing what people can do.

Think i seen the mito 350 with the gibson pipes?? on a bench if i remember both coming out on the right side of bike.

The reasons behind the ducati forks is that i wanted something different everyone seems to go for the rgv fronts
Mine is based on the tzr125r chassis .

The other main thing was to keep the original speedo so needed forks that use the drive and have means to lock it on fork leg.
Im open to other suggestions even thought maybe rs250 aprillia ones

Rob with the 500 Turbo Mito is often found on the board of the 200mph club. The bike on the bench sounds as if it is Dougies
And as for forks, I think the 748 ones are a good choice as Rob is happy with his conversion. What ever you do avoid the Mito forks they only have a spring in one leg and damping in the other, i'm not sure but I think some Aprilia 2-strokes do the same.
forget the TL idea the bush is 32mm diameter abd uses a 25mm spindle
Old 15-Nov-2005, 20:47
Mille

Thanks for all advice
The original tzr125r forks are like the mito sprung in one and damped in the other a right cock eyed idea if you ask me.

Im sure the ducati forks will be fine too. there are a lot of aftermarket springs ect to play with should i need to but i reckon they will be a good set up as standard forks.

Just got to find a decent set now.
Will do the idea though with spacers of the spindle as this is a good one. i intend to use a fzr 400 front wheel 17 x 3.25 so will give me a decent front tyre without overdoing it. I have just thought about my worry with the speedo drive and how it would fit if forks didnt have a lug on them to locate one. this would be easy if i used spindle spacers as i can incorporate a lug on one to secure the speedo drive if i need to.
Your help has opened my eyes to what i can do so many thanks
Old 15-Nov-2005, 21:43
MotoGP God

The front mudgaurd mounts incorporate a stop for the speedo drive on the 748/916 setup.
The earlier forks use 40mm caliper mount spacing as used on some TZR125s, the later have a 65mm spacing. The 748/916 discs are interchangeable with the 320mm discs found On FZR1000s, TDRs etc, so if you stick with a Yam front wheel you should be OK.
Sorting the triple clamps (yokes) will be the main issue I would have thought. Although the stem in a Ducati bottom yoke is removeable which allows for one made by an engineer to be fitted to mate front end too the headstock/bearings etc. My mate Mick has done a similar sort of thing for a lot of Kwak 750 Turbo owners wishing to uprate their bikes. He usually hangs around the 200mph club mesage board or on Lorcans website where there are pics of a few of the bikes he has done new yoke stems for.