Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Mar-2005, 01:44
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
A wee thankyou

To cut a long story short (and why not, given how panned out I am!) my newly big-bored DD bike expired after only three laps this morning.

If I'd been at the (unbelievably sunny) TD on my own it would've been day over, but within moments of it going tits-up this morning a DSC member had turned round and offered me use of his almost unreplaceable 998R despite the fact I haven't touched a bike with 100bhp for over 5 years. For the rest of the day I alternated between Dave Harris's very-tidily prepped M680 and his gobsmackingly-divine 998R, probably the finest track-bike within the reach of us mere mortals. Before today I would've given various parts of my anatomy just to ride a 998R up and down the road, but I've just got back from a day caning the living daylights out of one around a race track. Unbelievable.

Thanks Dave, I owe you one.

Thanks also to the Dibble and Fordie for helping out with transport woes, and to everyone at Brands for making it a completely blinding TD. Get well soon Rally, hope to see you at Cadwell, or at the latest Castle Combe.

Cheers,

Ali

[Edited on 26-3-2005 by ali]
Old 26-Mar-2005, 10:06
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Nice one Ali

You were lookin pretty handy on both them bikes whenever I saw you out there! The rest of you's had better watch out if Ali's SS is anywhere near as good as Dave's Monnie
Old 26-Mar-2005, 18:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Just seen your bike at Nelly's Ali. In bits on his workbench. If anyone can fix it (and I say that advisedly) Nelly can.