Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 21-Jun-2006, 10:20
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
Does look like it will have potential to look stunning, but not quite sure about the oval exhausts.
The stylists do seem to be on a roll at the moment, with the pics of the GP bike they have released so far.
Old 21-Jun-2006, 11:30
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Whatever it is, it looks nice (from what you can see)....apart from the exhausts which look totally out of place & about 15 years out of date!
Old 21-Jun-2006, 12:25
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Looks good, but they need to sort that rear end out. Pipes are waaaay too long and the twin exits looks very dated. Make it like the D16RR and it'll be tasty...
Old 21-Jun-2006, 17:58
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
i don't think the pipes will be there on final version, my guess is the bulk under the front of swingarm is the can with a pipe exiting on lower rhs of bike or it'll be swapped for an rr style can and the pipes pictured are cosmetic I can't believe they'll use so dated a design as twin cans under the seat . it does look remarkably similar in shape to the sketch in Bike mag this month though
Old 21-Jun-2006, 22:29
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
chain looks a bit slack !
Old 21-Jun-2006, 22:29
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.
Rider looks about 14 years of age, judging by the size of him!

DC
Old 22-Jun-2006, 07:57
Mille

Mood: Bring the noise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
one would hope its not as it looks like a Performance Bikes 999/998 readers special but with what looks like the datalogger taped to rear and fork potentiometer suggest it is a test rig

Well said mate. I think its a bit of a red hearing. A little like the spy pics of the DD16 about 9 months before it was released.

I have sneeky feeling someone from Ducati will be watching all the duc boards on the web to gauge a reaction
Old 06-Jul-2006, 15:24
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Close but not on target

I think as most people have suggested, the pipes are likely to be purely there for "test bed" purposes. The rear swingarm looks fookin' huge in cross section. The bodywork, apart from the open ducts on the side, does not look that far removed from the 999, which would suggest this is purely a mechanical shakedown bike, until such a time as the final version is ready to be clothed on the hopefully by then, tried and tested mechanics underneath.

I agree with regards to the exhausts though. To revert to the 916 style twin underseat system would be a regressive move, as it's no longer innovative as it once was. Just look at how many Japanese manufacturers followed suit after the 916 first came to light. It's old hat now and nothing new. People want innovation and style from the new bike, not an amalgamation of old concepts. Evolution of the new bike can wait for the years following it's release

If they could produce something along the lines of the GP road bike at an affordable price with the same levels of ingenuity and styling cues built in (like the Ferrari F1 style upward exiting exhausts on the Desmosedici), then they would generate a huge level of interest and hopefully much needed sales when the finished product is unveiled in November at the Milan show.
Old 06-Jul-2006, 15:25
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwells

I have sneeky feeling someone from Ducati will be watching all the duc boards on the web to gauge a reaction

I sincerely hope they are.