Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 18-Jun-2004, 19:58
Bevel Head

Mood: Stressed as usual!
You should go for the agreed value - not sure how much they will agree but i'm sure its going to be over £400 more than a standard bike!

"You are missing the point a little,if i were selling my bike i would remove most of the mods,sell the bike,sell the parts to retrieve some of the money that the bike owes me"

So how much of that £10K would you get back by selling the secondhand parts? It wouldn't be 50% - this looks like it could turn into a formula!?

Other than agreed value policies the claim payout for a total loss is going to be market value - which is a financial position - I expect you've discovered that now NBs996?

I'm not trying to argue or hijack a link - just following an interesting discussion and one which we could use to help our customers by developing our products.

On another point my comapny would rarely load for modifications - sometimes we might increase a theft excess because of the increased theft risk but seeing as a standard policy limits cover to standard parts we feel it is not right to load the premium as well.
Old 18-Jun-2004, 20:40
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally posted by ducatisps

Other than agreed value policies the claim payout for a total loss is going to be market value - which is a financial position - I expect you've discovered that now NBs996?

Hey, let's get one thing cleared up 'ere.... I've never made an insurance claim, let alone a total loss!! I've got a reputation to protect! :P

Agree.... interesting discussion, and it's good to see someone like yourself getting involved, ronnie.
Old 19-Jun-2004, 13:34
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
ducatisps

I see what you are saying,to a point! Yes,i would be lucky to get 50% of the cost of the modified parts if i were to sell them!! But it would still cost £10,000 to replace them,if i was to return the replacement bike to the modified spec!!

To put me back to my original position,i would require a standard Foggy rep plus £10,000 to replace the parts! I know that i wouldn't be able to sell the bike for £20,000,but i don't want to sell the bike,ever!! I just want to understand why the insurance company don't put any value at all on the mods,which i've declared to them!!
Old 24-Jul-2004, 16:53
Big Twin

So are there actually any insurers who WILL replace the modifications?

I only want TPFT - if my wheels and forks wont be replaced like for like I don't see the point in telling them - OK so I won't be covered if they find out, but if the bikes been nicked how they gonna know it had ohlins and mag wheels fitted?

FFS in the car world you can get extra cover for your wheels, in-car entertainment etc, so there is NO excuse for not providing cover for mods to motorbikes