Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 21-May-2014, 05:58
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
BDG's 10,000 mile from Manchester to Mongolia

Those of you with good memories may remember me from many years ago with write ups of Lands End to John O Groat's and Multistrada to the Sahara desert, along with trips round Europe on a 996SPS then a 996R, the perfect touring bike!!!

Sorry to say I'm off on a KTM 690RR, basically an ex Dakar rally bike that's been prepped for travelling. I didn't want to use my 1200 Multistrada as we want to do thousands of miles off road and a lighter single cyclinder bike is far more suited for what we have in mind.

10,000 miles from Manchester to Mongolia in aid of Cancer Research and departing today.

The route will take me through Europe then Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kirgizstan, back into Kazakhstan, Russia and finally into Mongolia.

If all goes to plan I will do as much of the trip off road as possible once outside of Europe. I hope to follow the Old Silk Road trade route, reach 15,000 feet high on the Pamir Highway and get close to the border of China, the endless steppes of Kazakhstan, have dinner with Borat, and avoid sampling sheep’s testicles; which are apparently a local delicacy in Mongolia. No support vehicle, just myself and 2 friends.

You will be able to track my progress live via link on the Speed Couriers website.

My blog can be found here http://www.speedcouriers.co.uk/category/manchester-to-mongolia/

Facebook updates here https://www.facebook.com/speedcouriers

If you can’t be bothered to read any of the aforementioned links, the Just Giving link for donations to Cancer Research is here http://www.speedcouriers.co.uk/just-giving-link-donations-cancer-research/

None of the donations will fund the trip as everything goes direct to Cancer Research via Just Giving. No aplogies for the blatant plug for charity!!

Many thanks to Ant for already plugging this trip

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (159.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 21-May-2014, 09:13
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Thumbs up

Good luck Shaun, really look forward to seeing the pics and reading about the trip as it's something I'd love to do!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit