Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Jan-2013, 16:01
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

snetterton or india

looks like going to have to miss snett, but 3 months in india seems to be winning over a cold or wet march weekend- will be back in time for oulton though-

hoping to do some research and trial runs for enfield trips- in south first (goa kerela karnataka tamil nadu) in warm, then himalaya foothills (himachal pradesh) when warms up at end march

at last my cs hours finished and i'm a free man again- van is mot'd and bike had nearly all it's gonna get before season so should be back in smelly delhi again by end of week, shitting for england and looking for a bike

if goes well i will be looking for some folks silly enough to come on similar adventures next winter
Old 13-Jan-2013, 17:32
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

Great news! Glad you are all finished with that bit of your life.

The India adventure sounds brilliant and maybe Julie and I might give it a go - might take some convincing though!

For me, India wins.
Old 13-Jan-2013, 21:08
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
friend of mine did the highest pass (cant remember what it's called) on an enfield .. said it was epic
Old 13-Jan-2013, 21:31
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally71
friend of mine did the highest pass (cant remember what it's called) on an enfield .. said it was epic
Khardung La- between manali and leh- over 5000m altitude- almost highest motorable pass in world- we wont be doing it this time even with snow chains- only open for couple months at end of summer
Old 14-Jan-2013, 08:22
Bevel Head
Bikes: Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring, Honda CBR1100XX Superblackbird (at least it's a red one!)

Mood: Happy new owner of a Mutley !
Khardung La is on my bucket list... but I need to get this racing thing out of my system first!

It sounds like you have already made your decision. Go for it, and have a great time!

(Gratz on the freedom, btw)
Old 14-Jan-2013, 15:17
Bevel Head
Bikes: ducati 620ss racer,aprilia rsvr mille,husqavarna 125 crosser

Mood: easy going,love to laugh,fairly competetive
Hi Miles,Glad your free again,I just spent 3 1/2 weeks in Goa and loved it,New years on Anjuna beach is a blast mate

Keep smiling and see you eventually mate

Batesy
Old 24-Jan-2013, 14:38
Montjuic

Khardung La

I did the Khardung La thing in 2011 for my 50th birthday with the Enduro Himalaya lot. Shimla to Leh in 2 weeks then up to Khardung La. Quite expensive with E.H. but the backup is impressive. I highly recommend the trip whoever you do it with.

I also did Karnataka and Rajasthan back in the late 90s. Go to Jisalmer, Ranakphur and Hampi(Vijayanagara). You won't regret it.

Steve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Day11_Leh_KardungLa_Leh_1200x900.jpg Views:	322 Size:	256.4 KB ID:	13403