Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-May-2014, 17:16
Mille
Bikes: 750ss Monster 750,Monster S4

Mood: happy
need a new pushrod for 750ss 1991

I am still having problems with my 750ss dry clutch model from 1991 with the slave in the right hand side casing

all the clutch is new , plates ,springs ,basket and slave seals etc ,, its not slipping but when changing gear there is a high pictch squeal and it also drag judders off idle and in 1st and 2nd gear or when the clutch is pulled in neutral ,, I have tride 22 stack height variations and new dish plates bled it loads of times ,, but now I suspect the actual pushrod mushroom is worn maybe up to 1mm as its very shiney and uneven ..

problem is Ducati dont list it anymore and I have asked , protwins and motorapido ,,,they said it would have to be made up in a machine shop and hardened !!!

It may be the answer?? dunno as i have tried everything to get this clutch smooth and quiet like it used to be all to no avail,,

anyone got a spare or any other ideas ?
Old 06-May-2014, 17:39
Big Twin

When I converted the 600 monster to a dry clutch I had to have one made (stainless steel). Not expensive.

The other thing, is the drum running true. I have had this on the 996. With no plates in when I rotated the drum there was considerable run out.
Old 06-May-2014, 22:53
Mille
Bikes: 750ss Monster 750,Monster S4

Mood: happy
I will ask my local helpful machine shop man to make one is SS that wont need case hardening methinks