Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Aug-2006, 22:54
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Fordies Cadwell capers

What a mixture of emotions we all must have suffered by being on the 2 day Cadwell event with the great DSC. All thanks to those that put in the organising and support work. Personally for me the best bit was to get out there on what must be, one, if not thee best track in the country. To actually be out there with some of your best biking mates whether leading or following, what an experiance barrelling down into Mansfield a few feet apart and feeling those Diablo's working there nuts of wondering when the front is going to let go, full trust in each other. No wonder you DD boys have some fun. On that note I was great sharing the track with you "God's" I had four of you pass me and not one interupted my"flow" and all though I had the bigger machine (996) I felt honour to be part of the "dice" Memories are made of this. Im still buzzing .
To see my Kelly out there riding as sweet as a nut made me feel very proud, even more so when so many people comented on her ability and "Go get em" atitude to track riding.
I also shared the two days with Sahra and Mike, two friend of Fil and Kelly (now mine I hope ) who brought there own friendly enthusiastic like minded presense to the "Fordie and Chas Camp" Mike's first track day on his 400 saw him giving it some, straight from the first session with TP leading him through the introductory mid day session for the newbies. Day two with the "open house any thing goes" Mike was out there "raging the arse of it" all day. Terrific stuff
Sahra entertained us after the "Porky Worky and Trifle with a dazzling display of Fire Twirly believe me thats better than Pole dancing when Sahra does it . I think one or two tryed it and are now permanantly scared or at least "singed"
It was a hard two days and by late afternoon on the second day people were begining to look tired and worn out and understandable so, track riding is 110% concerntration and to do nearly sixteen session in the 2 days plus all the driving to and forth,packing unpacking packing unpacking bikes in bikes out I was done for come 22.00hrs when we finally locked the bikes away and STOPPED. When's the next time Ill be 60 next year, now thats some thing to look forwards to . 4D

Last edited by Fordie : 24-Aug-2006 at 00:13.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 23:00
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Glad you had a great time Pete,remember "The family that plays together stays together"
butch
Old 23-Aug-2006, 23:07

of course pete....

it was very good fun ragging the a*se of my little 400 and bazzing past some of those big bikes round parks and coppice and outbraking them on mansfield.
it was good to have fun with u guys inbetween the track sessions and meet some new guys. it will be good to see some of the pics some of the guys took too. have to organise some ride out at some point soon.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 23:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
good on you pete
sixty next year and the first couple of sessions i was strugling to stay with you
hope i'm as bloody fit and agile at that age
no wonder you were power napping
you are a star
Old 24-Aug-2006, 00:26
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
yes mate and you never saw me but I followed you for a bit.......and you are a different rider to last year....slow in, fast out is the way....nice one Mr Ford, well done, much safer, smoother and I would bet, faster than my observation and advice from the last time I saw you on track. You and your extended family are an integral part of the DSC and you should be proud that you are the centre of it.

WeeJohnyB