Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Apr-2018, 11:22
Bevel Head

Misfire at low revs??

Morning folks,

Took the 848 out for its first proper run following the winter lay up tied to a trickle charger..

I noticed that it was harder to get started than normal, with an ENORMOUS backfire added into the mix before finally getting it fired up....

While warming up, I then noticed that it’s sounded really rough at idle, almost like it’s trying to cut out or misfiring...

On the road, through the gears, cruising and at full chat, it’s perfectly smooth and lovely, but come to a junction or traffic lights and again, rough as hell and just wants to cut out - low speed roundabouts are challenging too as it’s struggling with the low revs there too...

Before the winter lay up everything was absolutely fine..??

I was thinking that the likely culprit could be plugs or battery, but what’s everyone’s thoughts?? What would you try first, before I ship it off to Neil at Cornerspeed to sort??

Cheers,

Mark.
Old 23-Apr-2018, 11:08
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
If it's been sat over winter it may just be that the fuel has gone off, or maybe even got some water into it through condensation inside the tank.

You could drain the tank, otherwise just run it until the light comes on then fill it up with fresh fuel and give it a damn good thrashing

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 02-May-2018, 00:17
Montjuic
Bikes: 1198, 748S, 900SS, SP1, Blade, 600RR, SV650N, RG125

Mood: Hungry
Had exactly the same issue with rhe wifes SV650, after loads of messing around all it needed was a fresh set of plugs. Fresh fuel a good idea too. Try adding a fuel stabilizer before the next long storage.