Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Sep-2004, 10:40
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
That is stunningly clean. I wish my '96 SL looked so mint.....

All you need to do now is find someone looking for an old shape SS and she'll go. I'm not sure at £2.8k but somewhere in that region isn't out of the question. Given that it's already nine years old it may pay to wait until spring now as you'd probably get another £200 for her. On the other hand I've wanted an RC30 for 15yrs now and any step towards getting one has got to be a bonus!

Please post loads of high-res pics of the RC when you get her, or drop us a u2u and I'll ride up to see her!

Good luck with the sale. I'll spread the word that she's for sale.

Cheers,

Ali
Old 06-Sep-2004, 21:48
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Guys, just been out for about 15 miles on it. and apart from the rock hard tyres i am actually enjoying it far more than i though i would.
The grunt isnt actually much less than the 916 and is actually quite similar in many ways. but the brakes are actually better on this and its dead comfy.
Jurys still out on the shite steering lock, but at speed its a dream to ride.
am actually quite tempted to keep it (even although it wont get used) but i still hanker for a RC30.
A guy came round before to have a look, and is quite keen to buy it once he sells his VFR800, he has offered me a swop with his T plate black VFR which is probably worth a few quid more, but as he says he has never seen one like this apart from when they were new.
Shall i swop ? wait for cash ?? or keep the thing and just forget it for a few years ??