Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 19-Jul-2009, 18:38
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999 / Kawasaki Z1000

My first experience of Oulton Park

Toyed wih the idea of sticking the £159 trackday on a credit card to save embarrasing myself on race day, but after looking at the weather reports decided against it.

Went on Friday with Shane and Dom and Shane braved the rain to learn the track. Walked the track in the rain but came back none the wiser and a little worried.

Out for allcomers and DD qualifying and thought the track was amazing, treated them as my sighting session with the task of not binning the bike. In the allcomers race wasdoing well until my gear selector came off! (note to self stop letting dom tight things on the bike! lol)

In the first race was doing well, got upto 8th but just couldnt make a pass stick on skidlids and my first race in race shif meant the occasional wrong gear! Then on seeing the final lap flag deided i was going to do my fatest lap and get past skidlids and injected. into old hall corner leant the bike over, my peg and brake lever hit the floor the back end came out and painfully down i went! landed next to the bike in the barrier feeling very annoyed and very sore! my second DNF!

The bike was fixable and out for the second race, had a cracking time and finished the race in 11th place.

Thought the track and facilities were amazing, feel very tnder today but looking forward to cadwell park.

See you there. Dean
Old 19-Jul-2009, 18:52
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Good choice on not doing the track day, I'd paid for it 3weeks ago for the same reason as it was also my 1st time at Oulton. Ended up binning it in my last session trying something an instructor told me, top day racing yesterday though.
See you at Cawell, #50
Old 19-Jul-2009, 19:22
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Didn't know you'd binned it in the first race Dean.

And considering that, I thought you looked very committed at Island bend in the second race and really pretty good mate.

I sat there watching for you to come round as I had a grandstand seat on the banking there just after the hairpin.

You can see why the marshalls do what they do, because quite frankly, the view was amazing, and imagine that at BSB, WSB etc etc. Obviously I'd have preferred to be viewing things from behind my screen!

Well done mate
Old 19-Jul-2009, 20:08
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRR007

The bike was fixable and out for the second race, had a cracking time and finished the race in 11th place.

I had to ride my ass off to keep that very small gap i had in front of you Dean.
Thankfully i had Skids to chase in front of me
Old 20-Jul-2009, 00:00
Mille

Cheers guys, Tim you had some cracking lines on the track day and looked really quick. I saw you on the grass in the second race and assumed you'd had a mechanical and felt for you cause id seen your DNF next to me for the first race.

I was trying so hard in that seocnd race but just couldnt close the gap, great racing, just got back from the hospital as have felt appauling today, got concussion and every joint in my body is sore! Bring on Cadwell!
Old 21-Jul-2009, 13:34
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
I did the track day on friday, had an instructor, I ended up in the gravel on every session, learned nothing. got wet, lost my gazebo. felt miserable.

But on the bright side, nothing broken nothing hurt and looking forwasrd to a better weekend at cadwell.

Good luck all

Matt
Old 21-Jul-2009, 13:43
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Nice one Dean, great second race..

Thats One each for offs between Shane and yourself and my Camera was no where near you both.. honest

There is a nice shot here of you:

http://bikershots.fotopic.net/p59723453.html

See you at Cadwell

Craig
Old 21-Jul-2009, 15:24
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Nice one Dean, great second race..

Thats One each for offs between Shane and yourself and my Camera was no where near you both.. honest

There is a nice shot here of you:

http://bikershots.fotopic.net/p59723453.html

See you at Cadwell

Craig

Cheers Craig. I wish someone had a photo of the crash. There was a photographer stood clicking away when i went down, my girlfriend was stood next to him but was too concerned about me laying motionless to ask him his details. Girls got her priorities all wrong!

See you at Cadwell
Old 21-Jul-2009, 22:01
500SD

gsb998 on ducatisti (could be the same user name on here) was taking pic's on old hall as far as i know.
Maybe send him a PM..........
Old 21-Jul-2009, 22:05
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
gsb998 on ducatisti (could be the same user name on here) was taking pic's on old hall as far as i know.
Maybe send him a PM..........

Brilliant thanks ill pm him now. Cheers. Dean