Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue Series Information
Documentation & info to help prospective & current DesmoDue Racers

Old 01-Oct-2013, 20:31
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by batesy2
Dont know why we put up with being treated like this,Hottrax need to think about that ,No refund ? !!!!!!!!!!

treated like what, not Hottrax fault Mallory called in the administrators, could easily of washed there hands and drawn a line under the season. Personally I'd prefer a race meeting at Pembrey rather than nothing at all. If you look at their T&Cs (I haven't) they probably don't have to refund us if its out of their control, sh*t happens and they are on the receiving end just as much as we are.

If you don't like it pay on the day, that way it will always be your decision and only your fault if you lose out.
Old 01-Oct-2013, 21:43
Montjuic
Bikes: Triumph Speed Triple/DD 620/

Mood: It's a grand life if you don't weaken
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger san
treated like what, not Hottrax fault Mallory called in the administrators, could easily of washed there hands and drawn a line under the season. Personally I'd prefer a race meeting at Pembrey rather than nothing at all. If you look at their T&Cs (I haven't) they probably don't have to refund us if its out of their control, sh*t happens and they are on the receiving end just as much as we are.

If you don't like it pay on the day, that way it will always be your decision and only your fault if you lose out.

Think you have a point, it's not Hottrax fault or of their making, and I am sure the T&C's do cover such an eventuality, however there is one basic comment: We have paid for something that is not now being supplied, we should not be obliged to take the alternative or just suck it up.I understand that Hottrax have worked really hard to provide an alternative, and have managed to get something organised at very short notice, but due to the new venue I cannot make it....looks like tough s**t for me then!

Just wish I could be there for the last race of the season, but cant do that sort of distance (11 hour drive each way) for one day
Old 01-Oct-2013, 21:44
Mille
Bikes: Class B 600ss #99

Yeah i don't fancy traveling down to pembray. I'd payed for mallory and booked a premier inn room for me and family the night before which won't do me a refund or transfer it to another premier inn nearer pembray. So I'm not sure what to do. I'd much rather have a refund or a credit to a Hottrax account for next season. No offence to pembray intended
Old 01-Oct-2013, 22:13
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpet
Just wish I could be there for the last race of the season, but cant do that sort of distance (11 hour drive each way) for one day

I guess mallory was quite close for you at 8 hours each way LOL
Old 01-Oct-2013, 22:18
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campo
Yeah i don't fancy traveling down to pembray. I'd payed for mallory and booked a premier inn room for me and family the night before which won't do me a refund or transfer it to another premier inn nearer pembray. So I'm not sure what to do. I'd much rather have a refund or a credit to a Hottrax account for next season. No offence to pembray intended

Hi Shane, same as, we booked Travelodge earlier in the season for 3 nights, argued down to one but won't be able to change again especially to a different place. Sometimes things go wrong but I would still rather be racing this weekend.
Old 01-Oct-2013, 22:28
Montjuic
Bikes: Triumph Speed Triple/DD 620/

Mood: It's a grand life if you don't weaken
Quote:
I guess mallory was quite close for you at 8 hours each way LOL

Not exactly on the doorstep i'll admit, but did have the benefit of having friends and family within an hour, so givin that it was only one days racing I could make a weekend of it and do some visiting, but hey I should have known, the toast always falls butter side down!
Old 02-Oct-2013, 00:51
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Thanks to Mallory for dropping us in the s4it
Thanks to Pembrey for giving us a chance to race

Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but better than diddly squat

Sorry to hear its just not going to be viable for some to make the switch and well done to those that can at such short notice.

As I posted on FB its very bad timing for us with the administrators getting called in 6 days before we were due to race at Mallory, shame they couldn't have put it off until the clocks changed

I had started thinking of going 30 miles up the road to Silverstone for the BSB shoot out, glad I didn't rush into it and book an advanced ticket on line.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 02-Oct-2013, 01:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:

And if everybody does it don't expect to have a DD race series for long as no club would give us our own grid space for zero entries, or 10 or 15 for that matter, we would end up either sharing a grid with other classes or not getting included in the meeting as DD

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 02-Oct-2013, 14:18
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 848 Evo ‘Pikes Peak’, 748S, 200 Single

It's only an extra 2 hours / 130 miles each way for me.

And i'm not even racing when I get there!!
Old 04-Oct-2013, 21:15
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

Well I'm going too. Weathers good sat, not great Sunday but ok