Good point!

First sunday of the month is rideout.

Third monday of the month is pub night.

So you can work it out
Old 02-May-2006, 23:14
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999, BSA A65 Lightning, Matchless G80s

Mood: Fed up with DIY!
Steve, as Antony said I have the ventura. I used it on a trip to the TT last year and definitly recomend it. I didn't know it was there while riding but found it a bit awkward getting on and off. I am 5' 11" so you should find it a bit easier. I also use a baglux tank bag which for me on the 999 is a bit too far to reach the controls when fully expanded. I didn't have this problem when I had one on my 748. Again I would think you would find it more comfortable being taller.
Wife and I are going for a 6 day trip to the Alps in July so we will see how we get on. I was trying to find an addition to the pillion seat to make it more comfortable but haven't found anything suitable yet. Probably resort to the non slip mesh again.
Old 02-May-2006, 23:22
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by Trig
I was trying to find an addition to the pillion seat to make it more comfortable but haven't found anything suitable yet. Probably resort to the non slip mesh again.

blue tack ???
Old 06-May-2006, 10:27
Bevel Head

I did a stint around europe last year (belgium, germany including the nurburg ring, the swiss alps, and france). I had no problems with comfort what so ever apart from when my friends decided they wanted to crawl up the alps.... I also used the ventura luggage system (only real option as my 749 is a mono). The luggage system in itself is fantastic, and so convenient once the frame's been fitted to the bike. Only problem I found was at speed, when the front end went a bit light, but I suspect I should have adjusted the suspension to suit. Have to say though, that this was at around 130ish and the luggage system says it's not to be used at such speeds, though i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong, as I didn't pay that much attention to the instructions.