Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 24-May-2006, 21:55
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Rossi rules out switch to Ferrari

MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi says he will not be joining Ferrari to race in Formula One for the foreseeable future.

The five-time world champion had been linked with a switch to Ferrari after testing with the Italian team with some success over the past 12 months.

But he said: "I will continue, at least for some time more, to race motorbikes.

"Testing with Ferrari was a fantastic experience - but I think that my work on the motorbike is not finished. I'm still very motivated."

The 27-year-old Rossi is having a hard time this season, lying eighth in the MotoGP standings after five races, and his contract with Yamaha runs out at the end of this season.

The Italian's decision to stay put saddened Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher, who also said it was "understandble because he knows what he has in his world".

"It is maybe a little bit more difficult to know the world of Formula One and how you would adapt to different circumstances," added the German.

"I think he has a lot of talent in terms of driving but it is not only in terms of driving. It is sad but that's the way it is."

World champion Fernando Alonso added: "Good, so we don't talk any more about him. After four months maybe this is the last question [about Rossi]."

Jenson Button was less hostile but still said Rossi's decision to stay on two-wheels was in the best interests of Formula One and MotoGP.

He said: "In testing he went reasonably well but he had a lot of miles in the car. If another driver got in the car and didn't go quick on day one or day two no-one would be interested. It's because of his status. "I think he's done the right thing staying at what he's good at.

"If he finished 10th or 12th in every race what does that do to his reputation? I don't think it's good for either sport."

BBC ONLINE
Old 24-May-2006, 22:19
Mille

Mood: Beige.....
Annoys me how little respect F1 drivers give professional bike riders. It's as if they assume F1 drivers will adapt their .... ahum! .... Talents far easier to a bike than the likes of Rossi would to a car. *begin rant* Yet from what I can gauge the majority of variables in an F1 car are more often than not these days more controllable thanks to advances in aerodynamics and the like. Such advantages aid a stable shape such as a car far more than a bike could utilise. Due to a bikes requirement to require the rider to equal the balance and it to be moving before it can be stable. The rider is far more a contributor to what the bike will do than a driver will ever be in a car. So I stand by my theory that a bike rider will always make an adaptation to a car than a car driver will to a bike.

P.s. Don't get me wrong, I have a car, I just don't like F1

[Edited on 24-5-2006 by desmobob]
Old 24-May-2006, 22:29
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

F1 drivers are crap, even Murray Walker says so.

How often do they win Race of Champions? Ummm, never!!

Rally Drivers however - They can drive
Old 25-May-2006, 14:08
WSB Hero

Mood: No point in working long hours to die early
He's not ruled it out in the future . He has unfinnished buisness to deal with first.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit