Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 20-Oct-2003, 00:21
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
MotoGP at Phillip Island (spoilers in here!)

Christ that looked like a heavy fall for Troy - he was definitely out cold as he tumbled down the track. The press release from Ducati says:

"Bayliss fell heavily, immediately receiving trackside assistance before being taken to the track medical centre where he was conscious and able to talk, though he had no memory of the crash or of the race. He has no broken bones but was helicoptered to Melbourne hospital for precautionary checks."

As for Loris - he showed his true colours again on the 'sedici. A class act and really on it when things are going right. Whatevver trouble he had with the bike in the last few rounds seem to have been worked out now.

It was interesting to see some of the on-board shots from the other bikes (I think it was from Gibernau's bike) as the 'sedici was pulling a gap on them with no trouble at all.

Definitely a force to be reckoned with next year now they've got some data on both the bike and the tracks!

Rossi also showed his form ... still think he won't win on a Yamaha next year?

Nicky Hayden was also showing promise too - some of those dives down the inside were awesome to watch!

A great race, and good to see that Rossi didn't just settle down once he's won the championship.
Old 20-Oct-2003, 00:22
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Forgot to say - about the Bayliss crash, it looked like his back wheel locked really badly as it hopped the bike out of shape going into the corner.

I reckon that could have been a slipper clutch failure...
Old 20-Oct-2003, 09:57
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Rossi Rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hoped Troy could go for it at his home race and match Loris for a race win. It did look like he touched the back of another bike and was just braking immensily hard.

But isn't Rossi something else - I thought the 10sec penalty was suspect anyway - as he was already committed to an overtaking manouver before the yellow could be seen (IMHO - anyway), perhaps if he backed off, he might of actually caused an accident !!!

In my eyes he still won the race by ALMOST 20 SECONDS - which is simply astonishing in MotoGP.

Flying the No.7 flag was a class thing to do as well.....

Rossi Rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://motogp.tiscali.com/en/motogp/index.htm

Frank

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by Iconic944ss]
Old 20-Oct-2003, 10:26
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

I laughed at the comments on Eurosport - new rules for next year by putting Rossi at the back of the grid facing the other way!!

I agree about the yellow flag - if you look at the video (link below) you'll see that there was no flag on the previous corner, at least not one that is visible in the video, and he'd already completed the overtake by the next corner, then passed a marshall with a yellow flag...

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/static_fi...StoryID=496726

Nice shot of Capirex getting it sideways too!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit