Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Jul-2005, 22:08
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Keef,marc was still in Louth hospital at 8.00pm (with Rooney).monty said there was four "offs" thru the day,with the last one being the worst(stretcher) don`t no who that was tho.
Old 25-Jul-2005, 22:31
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Kirst,you seem to be looking at the cameraman,....look where you are going!
Henry,you are past the apex,get your fingers off the brake and get on the throttle!
Aah,I'm only ****ed off because I could'nt be there!
Hope Wheelspin is ok.

I didn't get chance to speak to Marc because he was on the phone when we were leaving. Hope you're OK mate. I did see the ambulance go round at the end of one of the Inters sessions. I had no idea who though.

[Edited on 25-7-2005 by HW]
Old 25-Jul-2005, 22:37
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
I did see the ambulance go round at the end of one of the Inters sessions. I had no idea who though.
A stretcher job,I heard.
Hope the unfortunate rider is ok.
Old 25-Jul-2005, 22:41
Ducati Corse

All in all it was a another cracking DSC trackday. It started raining as i was loading up the trailer at 1.pm on sunday and it didnt stop till 10 on monday. We were camping and it was blooming awful! Everything got wet and it was freezing cold. It was lovely and cosy during the night though! Many thanks to Chris Bushell for a superb piaella as well (must give you some money for that chris).

Monday dawned bright and early and yet again it was pouring down. If i hadn't taken the bikes off the trailer on sunday i think we might have just gone home, it was so bad i could have cried.

I really wanted to kep an eye on Lynn as it was her first trackday after only having her licence for less than a year but i decided to go for it and get out on the track myself.

Now normally i wouldnt ride in the wet so i decided to use it as a learning exercise on riding in the wet. There was actually quite a lot of grip and by the third session there was a dry line appearing. I was still getting mugged by DD bikes though!

After lunch the track was dry everywhere so i thought i'd have a play on Lynns Monster. Hmmm, great fun but scary becasue the speed diference to the other bikes in the group was so huge. The lack of a rev counter was a problem as well. Oh and i ran out of ground clearance and got my toe stuck on the road and ended up on the rumble strip at the old hairpin. I decided that was a good time to call it a day and come in.

The day was rounded off by Margie and Katy scattering Morts ashes at Hall bends, what a superb place to remember someone who i think of as one of my best friends.

Thoughts for the day:
Tyre warmers are fantastic
The DD boys are seriously quick
Bog standard M600's are superb fun to ride
The DSC is full of great people, such an HW and Kirsten, Rushjob, Nelly, Dukerob, kwikbitch, ian, monty, chris bushell, fordie, yeti an loads of other who made it such a good day both for me and Lynn.
Old 25-Jul-2005, 23:02
Big Twin

Just remembered another anecdote from today.

Whilst the "track virgins" were out doing their thing, Chris Bushell decided to take his Bevel Drive out (what was it someone please?). He was wearing an open face helmet and goggles. He only got as far as the first marshall, who blacked his path and wanted to check his ACU helmet stickers. All was in order, but I don't think they knew what to make of it. I overheard a marshall on his radio explaining that the ACU sticker was there, but it was open face. Eventually they let him out on track - you can just imagine someone at the other end of the walkie talkie frantically thumbing the rule book to see if it was OK!

(and I DO understand why they need to dot the i's and cross the t's, it was just amusing at the time. )

[Edited on 25-7-2005 by HW]
Old 25-Jul-2005, 23:17
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
sounds like a good day, wish i could have made it, luckily there will be next year. hope all those that didnt make it back in 1 peice are okay

hw, some good photos there and the new bodywork looks good

a nice touch with morts ashes, i didnt know the guy personally but had a bit of banter with him on here and was shocked to read about it in pronto. RIP.
Old 25-Jul-2005, 23:51
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Glad it worked out ok.

I think there should be a token prize for the oldest Duke at a TrackAttack.

Frank
Old 25-Jul-2005, 23:58
Big Twin

Top day
Wets are great
Contact lenses suck (lost 3 during different sessions and had to come in )
Top bunch as usual
Hope the last faller in the inters is OK. Lookeld nasty as I came round gooseneck, apparently it was a nsty highside - after the chequered flag too

Did I mention wets are great.
Old 26-Jul-2005, 00:09
Dibble

twas great .. great people, great time, great circuit ..... great big thanks to Lizzie ............
Old 26-Jul-2005, 00:36
DSC Club Member
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by Iconic944ss
Glad it worked out ok.

I think there should be a token prize for the oldest Duke at a TrackAttack.

Frank
You must be thinking of this bike, which I think belongs to Chris Bushell

Karl

Cadwell Trackday Photo Gallary at:
http://www.pbase.com/desmoboy