Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 09-Apr-2005, 23:18
Big Twin

Mood: happy
Donnington GP 2005

When you buy a ticket for the GP, do you need a special pass to go round the paddock, I have a feeling you do, how much extra are these? Do the DSC do them?
Old 09-Apr-2005, 23:37
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Don`t think you can get a pit/paddock pass for MotoGp,you have to get a "Village" ticket and they`re about 300odd quid and I`m not quite sure how much access they give you either.I think the only time you can get in there is on the Thursday Riders for health day.You can get into WSB a lot easier,especially Assen.
Old 10-Apr-2005, 10:57
Mille

Mood: Erratic
I'm not going this year it was absolute chaos last year trying to get out, well over an hour, on a bike! It was also difficult to see and get a good pitch as there where so many people there.
Old 10-Apr-2005, 10:59
Mille

Mood: Erratic
I shall probably have a ride up for the riders for health day though that looked pretty good last year.
Old 10-Apr-2005, 11:07
Big Twin

Mood: happy
On the riders for Health Day, do you get to mix with the riders?
Old 10-Apr-2005, 11:38
Dibble

I doubt it mate, getting a BJ off Madonna would be easier ...............
Old 11-Apr-2005, 10:39
500SD

Mood: What's going on??
Wasn't he the little bloke who played for Argentina??
Old 11-Apr-2005, 11:42
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
The best thing to do is get your membership to the DSC in right now, and make sure you keep your eyes on the board!

Every year the club gets allocated a number of tickets to a "Meet the Team" evening at the MotoGP round (as well as the two World Superbike rounds) and these are drawn at random from the hat, from all members who put in to go.

It happens on the thursday night before the race, and you meet up in the hospitality unit (or the naff cafe if it's Donington!) and the team join you for dinner. Lots of opportunity to get stuff signed, chat, have pictures taken and so on. After this, there follows the usual DSC invasion of the paddock.

Last year there was a nominal cost for the meal (£15 I think) but it's basically a priceless event, and one you won't get to unless you're a member of the club proper and not just the message board.

If you want tickets for the actual race, again these can be purchased through the club on the special Ducati UK offer which has run for the last couple of years. The cost is a couple of quid over the face price of the ticket, but the goodie bag last year included a hat, t-shirt and some other bits & pieces along with neck strap for your pass to get into the exclusive Ducati trackside viewing area. This means that not only do you get an exceptional view of the race but that you're not fighting for somewhere to sit. There was also a raffle last year to win some great prizes, along with free soft drinks all day too.

I'm sure that all of the details will be released later on once Ducati UK have got their details, and so on. I know it got incredibly close to the actual race weekend last year and it was a mad rush to send off cheques and everything!

If you have a look back through the board or do a search you will find some of last year's threads about it and pictures too.

Just another great reason to join the club!
Old 11-Apr-2005, 16:18
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
The mailout to members with all the information on these events will be going out in the next couple of weeks-so if you're not a paid up member you won't even get to know-now that's what you call a clique.

John
Old 11-Apr-2005, 18:35
Montjuic

Mood: tyred and exhausted
Adam,

The VIP Village tickets will only get you a 'Pit Lane Walk' which is a heavily marshalled stroll up the pit lane whilst most of the garages are closed and none of the major riders are around. The VIP Village at Donnington is a pretty poor place to watch the race really as well, being on the inside of a corner (other GP's have a much better location, Mugello for example is above the pits). I'd save your money if I was you.

Paddock passes are allegedly not for sale and can only be gained by knowing someone with access - sponsors, race teams, Dorna etc.