Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Jul-2003, 23:55
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Chillo, your probably just as well off doing the SoT class at club level, you would need to fit a race type lower fairing at least for the oil containment rules. So you may as well get a full fairing and remove lights and mirrors. In the SoT class you will not be up against R1's and GSXR1000's as you would in the streetstocks, which is a already over subscribed class.
Old 18-Jul-2003, 10:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Not Denying practice helps, but this was a post about wanting to go racing with no budget, just like when I started. If you go for a practice day or trackday outside a race weekend, quite often it will envolve a day off work, upto £40 to get to the track and back, £30 in fuel for the bike, around £90 or more for the track time, plus food, tyre wear, brake pad and chain wear, oil and filter useage and not forgetting with a Duke Cambelt wear.
In a race year with say 12 race days spread over 8 meetings as with North Glos you're going to need to budget at least £1000 for tyres, £300 for Belts, oil and filters, £1200 for entries, £250 for fuel to get there, £200 for fuel for the bike, around another £300 for food and drink. Thats over £3000 with out any crashing. On top of that last year it cost me another £600 in lost income from having to take time off from shifts.
Alot of club racers don't need to spend another £1000 or so going to practice on tracks that they are going to race on through the year.
Some of the best value race meetings of the year are those held at Pembrey by North Glos, £65 for a entry that gets you 2 races and your morning practice and for the Novices that book early they get the free Novice race, you can pay a extra £25 for 2 more races, which also gets you a 2nd practice session. you can then do this on the following day as all NG meetings at Pembrey are 2 dayers and if you have the money you can also book the Friday practice, either the whole day or just the afternoon.
Old 18-Jul-2003, 12:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Ray, racing at Croft would have to be excellent! It's a great track. I've looked into who puts on club races with Ducati's being eligible and haven't found much. Do you know a club that puts on such races at Croft. I'd be seriously tempted to give it a go.
Old 18-Jul-2003, 14:02
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Felix,

998 Addict races at Croft or knows who organises the bike racing.

Next SoT Race at Croft is 27 and 28 September.

If you are thinking of some sort of proddie racing you have either bought another bike or consider WSB to be a proddie class!!!??

I will look into this a bit more. Maybe a Yorkshire region trip up to croft in September to watch some racing?

Ray
Old 18-Jul-2003, 17:44
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Ray, it does say 916 on it, so that should surely be OK? No?

Yeah, let's organise a day at the races for Croft. I'll be up for it.