Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 13-Mar-2012, 14:36
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Fair to middling
1098, reliable or not, lets put this one to bed.

OK, so as you would expect, having bought the bike last Friday and after service, MOT, a few tweaks and new tyre she is being picked up on Thursday.

So for the last week, all I have done is read reviews and more reviews and comparisons and shootouts. The more forums and rreviews that you read, I guess the greater the chance of you finding something that you dont want to find.

The two choices I had when getting the bike were the 2007 1098 (standard) or a 2010 Blade. The blade had 6000ish on the clock and the 1098 3820.

Of course you have to accept that the blade will probaly be more reliable and, perhaps, better built than the Duke; probably better than everything else on the road for that matter so not necessarily a fair comparison. you lso have to accept that you dont buy a 1098 for comfort and practicality - its more of a heart thing, if you get my drift - of course you do, this is a Ducati forum. Nevertheless, there are umpteen forums which do nothing but still slate the bikes even as late as into the 2010s. OK, the older bikes might have been more temperamental but the modern versions?

So as you lot are probably the most knowledgeable, put this one to bed, is this still an old wives tale or is there credence to what is being said.