Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 12-Dec-2017, 00:32

LF-2001 Style Jacket

Hey guys, me and my brothers have spent the past 3 years fixing up a 2001 ducati 996 monoposto with a full termignoni carbon exhaust and lots of other nice carbon add ones to give to our Dad as a gift. He has wanted one of these bikes since they came out, and after he had to sell his that desire really kicked up. Me and my two brothers chipped in and bought one that we saw at auction that needed some serious work and well, we managed to get along well enough to put that work in. Now that it is finally time to give it to Dad we want to make it a very special Christmas.

Something that we though would be great would be an older Ducati jacket (preferably from when the 996 came out) that we would give him and put the bike keys in the jacket pocket. I'm trying to find an older jacket to get him and coming up pretty empty handed so I thought I would see if anyone here has some leads. If anyone knows of an eBay auction or another website that has some older Ducati jackets for sale or has one that they want to get rid of, please let me know

Thanks to Iconic for all his help looking around the web, you helped me cover a lot of ground! Since eBay did not have what I am looking for on any of the versions I looked at, I was able to find a really nice historic jacket actually on http://www.for-sale.co.uk/ducati-jacket. The price was very reasonable, so I also picked up a cheap Ducati hoodie that I saw on there to give my dad for around the house wearing. I am positive he will love them both, thanks again for all your help Iconic.

Last edited by RidinOnDucatis : 19-Dec-2017 at 01:19.
Old 13-Dec-2017, 15:26
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hi there, welcome and Well Done!

What a great present to give, especially your own time for your father.

Google cannot find an LF-2001 Ducati jacket, sadly - that era clothing though is right between the Foggy and Troy Bayliss years, typified by the style below I believe?

I do have a similar style of two-piece somewhere but mine is the Corse Style and more White with a little red...

Good luck; Ebay and Gumtree are prime - I did know of a recycle shop in London but it seems they might have folded.

Old 14-Dec-2017, 06:43

Yea that is exactly the style we are looking for. I have some alarms set on eBay and Gumtree, just need to find more websites like that it seems. Thanks for the tips though.
Old 15-Dec-2017, 20:25
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

In the name of 'serious research' I carried out some Ebay browsing on the dedicated Italy and Germany sites and pretty much drawn a blank on the above style of Jacket...

Cant help thinking an Historic line of Jacket might be better, especially as it could be a brand new item?

Anyway, is this of any use:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332448284530

Only a single size 52 or 54 are shown now.

Good luck and best wishes.
Old 16-Dec-2017, 21:59

I do like the idea of getting him a newer historical jacket, the price is just so high though. I will have to keep looking.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit