Ducati Sporting Club UK
New User Introductions
A chance for new users to introduce themselves, tell us of their bikes, rides and aspirations and buy a drink at the virtual bar!

Old 29-Jul-2018, 22:25

Hi from the Netherlands

Good evening,

I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Johan, I live in the Netherlands and visit the UK quite often..my mother is British and lives in Dorchester Dorset.
Since the cafe racer scene in the UK is a bit bigger I thought it might be helpful to join this forum for some specific questions.
I am the proud owner of 2 bikes, a Ducati SS 750 cafe racer and a Voxan Black Magic.
I have a bimota history so that explains my forum name...hopefully no hard feeling from the die hard ducatists on this forum

My cafe racer is almost finished except some paining and electrics that will be taken care off upcoming winter. I have one issue that is a bit of a pain in the ass and that is getting spoked wheels ( wire spoked) wheels under this cafe racer. Hardly impossible so hopefully this forum will give me some answers because I’m not the first person with this on his wish list.
Last thing I need to do is a QD ex-box exhaust paint it black and make it set up to the 750engine.

That’s all for now
Regards from the netherlands and I’ll try to post a picture very soon of me Ducati.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D95AFC41-0ADA-41DC-BFA6-93B70F342261.jpeg (427.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 30-Jul-2018, 12:21
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hello and Welcome to the site, Johan!

Superb looking bike you have crafted there, didnt used to be my cup of tea at all but quite appreciate the design.

I really dont think it needs wire wheels, the black OEM wheels work very nicely but, since I did hanker for some for one of my own bikes fully understand why...

Wire wheels from a Sport Classic used to be an 'easy' but VERY expensive route but these are now as costly as they are hard to find.

NO need to worry about the Bimota tag here, I've lusted over many of them

Good Luck and keep the photos coming please!