Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 08-Sep-2005, 12:46
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by FiscusFish
Quote:
Originally posted by Spank
Rossi's still got a lot to prove in bike racing if he wants to be regarded as the undisputed best ever. He hasn't even raced the Isle Of Man let alone won there and he hasn't won a World Superbike Title either. Riders moving from MOTO GP to WSB don't often do as well as many would expect. I recon Corser would give him a run for his money and Haga would carve him up the same as anyone else. If Edwards and Baylis were back in WSB as well Rossi would have a harder time than he's having now especially with no tyre advantage.

I want some of what you're smoking...

I agree, you seem to be suffering from some vivid hallucinations. He might not be my favorite personality, but he's god on a bike.

If he does end up driving for Ferrari I'd assume he'd be good but not great. Recent F1 success stories tend to show that a calm, analytical mind gets the most out of the car, with pure driving talent resulting in spurious wins rather than season-long form. Good luck to him either way.

Ali
Old 08-Sep-2005, 13:33
500SD

Rossi Rules - no debate needed!!!

When he and CE did the Suzuka 8 hours race (and won) - Rossi was lapping CONSISTANTLY 2 seconds faster than Edwards!!!

So if he did go to WSB - it would be interesting to see just how much whooping is done - maybe each race would be like Phillip Island in 2003!!!!

Khushy
Old 09-Sep-2005, 11:03
500SD

Nobody has gone from WSB to MotoGp and acheived anything.

Why do you think a certain Mr Fogarty never went? Because he would have been crucified by Mick Doohan.

MotoGp is the pinacle of the sport and those who suceed in it come through the 125 & 250 championships.

The only person from WSB who has got close to Valentino is Edwards
Old 09-Sep-2005, 12:36
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
"The only person from WSB who has got close to Valentino is Edwards"

And the only salient point about that is that Colin Edwards was USA 250 champion riding a TZ250 Yamaha-so he came up riding a proper GP bike and knows how to set them up. His riding style when he first came to superbikes was pure GP250-all front end grip and cornerspeed, and SMOOTH-you don't take a GP250 by the scruff of it's neck, you finesse it.

John
Old 09-Sep-2005, 12:46
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Well said Monty.

WSB boys with decent experience will NEVER do well in GPs. You need to grow up on GP bikes and learn how to set them up to get the best out of them.
Old 09-Sep-2005, 17:26
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
and maybe that point about being able to do the set-up is what will hinder rossi in F1 - at the moment he has a great team and engineer, but he also knows what makes the bike work and translates that thru his team to the bike - it is MUCH harder and more critical to set an F1 car up....would love to see him succeed though.
Old 19-Sep-2005, 00:18
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Looks like Biaggi has tested the Ferrari at some point too.

http://www.max-biaggi.com/Eng/download/Vferrari.htm

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit