Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Jul-2004, 14:37
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Melting breather pipes

Just thought I ought to advise you all, in certain instances the two rubber breather pipes which pass in front of the front header pipe are prone to melting if they are routed too close to it. I replaced both the the fuel breather and airbox breather pipes, as both had been burnt away at their lower ends. If all else fails try extending the spring steel hoop so that it holds the pipes at a greater distance from the exhaust header. With the 04 onwards spec bikes the belly of the fairing has two mounting screws rather than one, which elps stop the fuel breather pipe migrating backwards in time, by trapping it between these two points. Though they may well be perhaps the least seen and thought of features of your bike but they are there for good reason and when I discovered mine were burnt, the heat had also sealed the ends off. Hmmm, wonder what a build up of pressure in the tank and/or airbox would have done over time!!