Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 02-Sep-2009, 12:07
GTL

Mood: Been Testing the 3 P's (Pizza, Pasta, & PERONI!)
Wink Red Backs !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Must admit, even though I know we have no toxic spiders in this Country, after my visits to Australia I am always wary about the larger ones.

My Dad's cousin has a Funnel web spider nest in their back garden in Sydney and those are big, aggressive and highly dangerous!

After spending 3 weeks down there in the 90's it took me quite a few weeks to stop looking under toilet seats and round the back of the bowl, after finding a Red Back in the toilets at Eastern Creek one morning!!!!
A small (aout the size of your finger nail) black spider with red dots.
Apparently they like the 'cooler damp' conditions.
Just what you need during your morning dump !
Old 03-Sep-2009, 03:29
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

We have a lot of jumping spiders in the house, those little compact jobs with about 5 to 8 sets of eyes that just prowl around jumping on smaller insects in the house. My 2 yr old daughter spots them regularly know after I told her they were our friends, and she has now related the eensy weensy spider song to them, so when she spots one, she does the little thing with the fingers showing the bugger climbing up the spout....funny thing is she also relates any picture of the sun with the song as well!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit