Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 20-Mar-2011, 15:33
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Wanted top yoke nut

To suit a 748 in good condition please. Trying to get the bike re-build and am finding this part hard to come by for reasonable money. I cant bring myself to pay what some are asking on ebay for a nut.

Cheers

Chris
Old 20-Mar-2011, 22:46
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
You mean one of these one? It's a bit more than just a nut...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000763.jpg (49.7 KB, 5 views)

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 21-Mar-2011, 05:27
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
You mean one of these one? It's a bit more than just a nut...

Thats the puppy. I know not "just a nut" but not exactly a massive chunk of metal for your money either.
Old 21-Mar-2011, 15:32
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris99
Thats the puppy. I know not "just a nut" but not exactly a massive chunk of metal for your money either.

Hmm... you're right that there's not much metal to it, but there is quite a bit of maching required to get it that way!!

Did you check the Ducati Spares price? Sometimes second hand stuff gets listed for more money on ebay than they are to buy new from Ducati!

They are the same across the superbike models and my Hyper has the same as my 748, so they may be relatively cheap to buy new anyway.

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 21-Mar-2011, 16:33
Mille

Quote:
Hmm... you're right that there's not much metal to it, but there is quite a bit of maching required to get it that way!!

Did you check the Ducati Spares price? Sometimes second hand stuff gets listed for more money on ebay than they are to buy new from Ducati!

They are the same across the superbike models and my Hyper has the same as my 748, so they may be relatively cheap to buy new anyway.

New price quoted by Ducati Leeds was about £50. I nearly passed out! The upsetting part is that i got one on Ebay for £8 plus postage. I was away when it turned up so didn't get my red slip into the post office. They say they had returned it to sender who claims it never came back to him. Gutted. Just hoped someone on here might have one laying around that they wanted to sell for not silly money. Its like the bottom yokes that are all on ebay for £90. I paid £50 and i've seen them go for £30 before. The part is out there but i need it sooner rather than later.
Old 21-Mar-2011, 20:10
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Ah, gutted!

Do you have the tracking number? That will tell you (you can check on the Royal Mail website) if the sender has collected it back (which itself must be signed for) or if it's still en route back to him. I've had stuff returned like this and it's taken 2 months for it to come back!

Old 22-Mar-2011, 18:14
Mille

Quote:
Ah, gutted!

Do you have the tracking number? That will tell you (you can check on the Royal Mail website) if the sender has collected it back (which itself must be signed for) or if it's still en route back to him. I've had stuff returned like this and it's taken 2 months for it to come back!

He only sent it with normal postage so no tracking number. These things happen i guess.
Old 23-Mar-2011, 10:05
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris99
He only sent it with normal postage so no tracking number. These things happen i guess.

In respect to your Flea'bay item, you should be able to file a claim (and get your money back) for an item not received.

If the seller's used an 'untracked' service (which is advised against, if they've read the guidelines), then that's not your fault.

It's be interesting to know, as most untracked services won't return an item unless it's ben sitting at the Post Office for weeks and weeks (can't remember the exact times quoted. Anyways...)

In respect to the 'nut'. I'd have thought that the price quoted for a new item was pretty reasonable; as said, you're not going to get one made any cheaper, that's for sure
Old 24-Mar-2011, 13:33
Mille

Chris try this - Ebay - Mcmotoparts - item no. 280558710656 £18.95 new with free postage.
Bargain! - I'm an engineer and could easily make one, but I don't think I'd bother at that price!
Cheers,
Pete
Old 30-Mar-2011, 12:45
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete A
Chris try this - Ebay - Mcmotoparts - item no. 280558710656 £18.95 new with free postage.
Bargain! - I'm an engineer and could easily make one, but I don't think I'd bother at that price!
Cheers,
Pete

Hi pete,

I guess thats an option. I've always stayed away from the Hong Kong sellers but might be worth a punt if i have no luck getting a standard one.

Thanks for your help.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit