Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Oct-2005, 00:09
Mille

Nearest track days to dorset

I am looking to do my first track days and was wondering where the nearest circuit is. I know that Castle Coombe, Thruxton and Goodwood are near by but they do not seem to do many motorcycle days.
Old 24-Oct-2005, 00:55
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Llandow not far from Cardiff airport maybe worth considering and is about 45 miles closer than Pembrey which is about 85 miles from the Seven Bridge.
Castle Combe trackdays are mainly Wednesdays, Thruxton doesn't have any.
Old 24-Oct-2005, 00:57
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Thruxton don't do any motorcycle days apart from a North Glos race meet and BSB, sadly no track days. Goodwood is a bit expensive cos they only let five out on track at a time.

That leaves C Combe... they have a few days organised through Fowlers but i think they're mostly 97dB. Might be the occassional 105dB day but they'll most likely be filled with ACU boys and girls so there wouldn't be much "after you claude" going into Quarry!

I'd highly recommend a traul up the M1 to a little place called Donny Park. Cheap enough days and a fab circuit that's easy enough to get to grips with.

Brands would be about 2.5 hours drive, and it's expensive, but the indy circuit a perfect for a first track day.

Have fun, wherever you go!
Old 24-Oct-2005, 11:59
888 at Last !!!

Depending where you are in dorset, Goodwood is probably more difficult than Brands to get to.

I'd do Mallory first. Go the night before and stay in a hotel. Be prepared rather than rush. You'll be nervous enough without having to worry about being late.
Old 24-Oct-2005, 12:36
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Mondello

WeeJohnyB
Old 25-Oct-2005, 00:16
Mille

Thanks for the replies. I can't wait to do one as I want to get those nice new knee sliders ground in. That's if I manage to get the knee down :-)
Old 25-Oct-2005, 00:55
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
If you fancy llandow have a word with AGE996 he was on about arranging one there next year.
I will have a word with my mates as we hired Llandow twice last year and may do again next year, we were also going to hire Pembrey but couldn't get enough interest. If we di either I'll post it on this website.
Old 26-Oct-2005, 23:10
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
i may be doing the mallory day on the 26th november and may have space on my trailer,i dont mind picking you up on the way up from cornwall if i do it. where abouts in dorset are you

it would definetly pay for you to go to a decent track first

sikds i would be interested in one of those days next year so keep me posted if your organising one,ive got the trackday bug now and i cant shake it off. i love it !!!