Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Nov-2005, 17:32
Montjuic

mines coming up for its 2 yearly service in april. if i part ex it for a new duke will the value be less because its due this major service?
i dont fancy paying £600+ for a service but i dont want a few hundred knocked off the part ex value because the major service hasnt been done.

DOH why worry about it cause its going to cost what ever - i need to get out and ride more !!!
Old 27-Nov-2005, 17:39
Big Twin

Posiden...

Well ... I part ex'd an ST4s about 2 weeks after it had had it's 12k service. Daft I know, but it was just the money suddenly came available at that time.

The sales guy was muttering about it needing a service and I said hold on, it just had one .. by you guys. He said that it had done some miles since then, in fact only 150 miles in 2 weeks.

Chances are, they will still put it through the workshop. I would ask the question, because it might be that you will be better off not servicing it if you are going that route with a dealer.

[Edited on 27-11-2005 by HW]
Old 27-Nov-2005, 17:57
Montjuic

Er a clip round the head for suggesting it.
unless some one is going to do a really good deal on a new 749 / 999 in april. !!!
and i dont tell the wife - if i buy another yellow one she wont even know.