Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Dec-2005, 04:26
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Dave Harris Memorial Track Day

It's with mixed emotions that I post this. Dave Harris was a good friend to me, and to many of you, despite not knowing me for a very long time. He would bend over backwards to help anyone and I do mean anyone. He was a 'top bloke' - which if you know anything about Australians, means an awful lot.

I miss him tremendously.

As most of you know, Focused Events and Motorsports Vision teamed up to offer a track evening devoted to the memory of Dave and all the money raised went to Riders for Health. I have some news on that event that you can read and see how things went - it may be of interest to those who supported the event and others.

http://www.riders.org/en/html/archiv....php?story=406

Nice pic Dave, get your head lower to your leading hand and get your body position forward more ... .. yeah I know, you only had 51 horsepower ....

Thanks to all those who supported this event. Nearly £7,500 were raised to support Riders for Health. Thank you very much.

I may be abusing my position somewhat here but I'd just like to add a personal touch to this thread. Dave's organs were donated to those who might benefitted from them and I can say that there are two people who have been dramatically affected by this, in receipt of these organs, and lead a much better quality of life thanks to the generosity of Dave and Annette. I know she wouldn't want me to say anything about this but - Annette's selflessness in such a time of despair has inspired me personally a lot and I am proud just to know her.

It absolutely follows the ethos that Dave lived his life by which was evidenced by the help that he gave all and sundry at the first round of DD at Cadwell, me included, and I am very humbled to know such great people.

Please join me in wishing Annette all the best in her future.

Kindest Regards,

Tony

[Edited on 7-12-2005 by TP]
Old 07-Dec-2005, 04:48
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
PS - I'm sorry Dave. I can only hope that my pathetic ramblings above have in some way done justice to your memory.

RIP tiger.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 07:38
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Nice post Tony, perhaps we could make this into an annual event and carry on what has been started. I read the bit about the guy who received the kidneys and a tear came to my eye. My father-in-law has about 15-20 hours of dialysis a week and hopefully, if and when the time comes for him to have a transplant, then there will be someone as caring and generous as Annette and Dave around. I've just checked that I have a donor card.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 09:18
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
God bless you Dave.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 09:41
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Snooze on big Dave. Going to miss our resident grease monkey next year.

Ali
Old 07-Dec-2005, 09:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Thanks Tony

AK was absolutely gobsmacked, chuffed & dismayed to receive the Dave Harris Memorial trophy at the DSC dinner.
We are so pleased that there is to be a lasting memorial to Dave within the club, and hope the trackday is to become a permanent event

Annette - you are one in a million, as was Dave.

Old 07-Dec-2005, 09:59
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

I was not lucky enough to have met Dave who was obviously a great guy but Tonys great post above reminded me to check my organ donor status. I know I carry the card but Im sure someone here put a post with a link where you can sort it all out on line.

There is a short article in this weeks MCN about the fund raising ride for Dave.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 10:11
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
All of Annette's hard work, and the generosity of everyone involved, produced a great result, didn't it? Well done Tony for posting this. An annual event of some kind to raise money for Dave's favourite charity is an excellend idea. I'd be up for that, whatever it might be.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 10:19
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Thanks for posting that Tony, you got me blubbing into my breakfast.

I still miss Dave, but I'm happy to have known him even for the short time we were friends. It just goes to show what a top bloke he was.

Best wishes to Annette too, and see you soon.
Old 07-Dec-2005, 10:35
Ducati Meccanica

Very very best wishes Annette.

Nice post Tp.