Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-May-2006, 10:23
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
On the subject of noisy cans and bikes, when was the last time you saw a Harley pulled for loud exhausts, them mothers run straight thru pipes .But go on any Harley site and youll see no bitchin about getting pulled.

was going to make this point myself after coming back from the paignton bike weekend y'day, every harley had a small plate but no police attention apart from the admiring glances at the chrome and custom paintjobs.

i'll give them a bit of credit as all the police were doing yesterday was bikesafe rideouts but i think thats the difference between a police biker and a policeman jobsworth in a big patrol car.

i think its police incosistency that winds the public up more than anything else
Old 01-May-2006, 12:08
Mille

Mood: He's not happy {:o( He's back at sea!
Emotive subject init?
No doubt I’ll get shot down in flames for this missive but, from a personal point of view I don’t really have any rub with the law. Yeah, you’ll get the ********, but don’t you in any walk of life. Usually the young ‘un out of Police college and wants to make a name for his/her self. The one who’s just got their grade drivers licence and is about to trunce anyone they meet.
Or generally having a bad day, coz the boss has had a go; having to do a bank holiday in banging hot weather and would be rather with his mates doing what you are, having a laugh; bit jealous of the 20 grand 999r you’ve got and they haven’t. It’s all human stuff.

4 run in’s with the law I’ve had on the road.

1. Stopped for noisy zorst on a CB250K4 by bike cop. Bit noisy that lad. Dunno officer first bike and I don’t know what they’re supposed to sound like. Well, I used to have one of these. ¾ hour later still there.
2. Late for work, Kat 1000, wrong side of 125 on the M2, had to slow down for a metro that deliberately pulled out in front of me. Next thing I know two Police BMW bikes appear. Pull in son. Do you know how fast you were going? Good progress? Well we couldn’t catch you. Anyway, your chains loose, there a producer at Cold Harbour nick, sort the chain before it comes off and kills you. And, lay off the speed too, you want to get to work in one bit don’t you? Yup, s’pose I do.
3. 30mph, following a moped at 18mph, over took it, and immediately got pulled in. That’s 50 we’ve got. You’re joking, I was over taking a moped. Where’s the gun? Down the road there. Can I see the reading? No he’s just taken another reading now. Being naive I took their word for it. 3 points and 60 quid fine in 1985! Note, these were not bike cops.
4. Latest smash, out for the count. Bike cop says, other one came through the lights. He retires and it gets passed to a non bike cop. He clears it off his desk ASAP by going with a witness statement that said I left the lights too quick. After they had turned green, I may add. Bike DIC for you or court on a driving without due care and attention charge. I did the course, too many court horror stories. Proved my worth by getting 80% exceptional driving skill and 20% consistently good. Go figure.

Moral to this story, it’s not usually bike cops, it’s other branches. Plus traffic cops don’t tend to deal with breaking and entering. But, those who are supposed to have in the few times I’ve had to phone them have been bloody abysmal at turning out. Even when I actually had one scrote on the floor at 2 in the morning having seen him breaking into next doors car. Oh, hello X, they said when they did turn out. What have you been up to? They let him go!!!! Would you mind driving off whilst I can still see him? Says I. Oh no, anything happened we’d have to pay you a visit. Two boys in blue in a van.
But, when Linda phoned to say there was an intruder in the garden at 3AM and she was home alone, they were round in less than 4 minutes.

Ains.
Old 01-May-2006, 12:11
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
I got pulled for doing 130MPH last year and said to the copper"havnt you got anything better to do like catch people with dark visors,small plates and loud cans?"

But i might be jesting.
Old 01-May-2006, 12:55
Mille
Bikes: 998S and MTS1200S

Mood: Growing old disgracefully, DSC member 2387
Dear All,
In London the plod seem to have a lot more to do than the shires, hence I've not been pulled near home in years. In a recent visit to Bordon in Hampshire, upon leaving a small village (no street lights), about 10pm, few isolated houses, the limit drops to 30MPH. My brother travelling at speed on his Blade, got out of a side turning before me. I chased off after him, slowing at the bends, taking observation, but travelling quickly. Apparently I made it up to 88MPH!!! After seeing the blue lights I immediately pulled over, took a large humble pie out from the oven and started eating. The officer concerned seemed a little bit of a jobs worth. Saying that even though he passed his test about twenty years ago, about the same time as me, he never felt the need to get anything larger than 185cc. I resisted saying in my best Dirty Harry accent “ a mans got to know his limitations”. Even though he had me on film and bang to rights I was amazed when he said. “I am going to give you a once in a lifetime offer. Be on your way and keep the speed down. It’s my job to nick people speeding And you were speeding. However you were not driving dangerously and I don’t want to explain to my governor that I’m going to prosecute you for doing 88MPH in a 30, but I can’t prosecute you from dangerous driving”. Some logic!! I don’t care if you’ve all got webbed feet and marry your sister down there, your local plod are ok by me.
Old 01-May-2006, 13:34
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by B19PSK
Dear All,
In London the plod seem to have a lot more to do than the shires, hence I've not been pulled near home in years. In a recent visit to Bordon in Hampshire, upon leaving a small village (no street lights), about 10pm, few isolated houses, the limit drops to 30MPH. My brother travelling at speed on his Blade, got out of a side turning before me. I chased off after him, slowing at the bends, taking observation, but travelling quickly. Apparently I made it up to 88MPH!!! After seeing the blue lights I immediately pulled over, took a large humble pie out from the oven and started eating. The officer concerned seemed a little bit of a jobs worth. Saying that even though he passed his test about twenty years ago, about the same time as me, he never felt the need to get anything larger than 185cc. I resisted saying in my best Dirty Harry accent “ a mans got to know his limitations”. Even though he had me on film and bang to rights I was amazed when he said. “I am going to give you a once in a lifetime offer. Be on your way and keep the speed down. It’s my job to nick people speeding And you were speeding. However you were not driving dangerously and I don’t want to explain to my governor that I’m going to prosecute you for doing 88MPH in a 30, but I can’t prosecute you from dangerous driving”. Some logic!! I don’t care if you’ve all got webbed feet and marry your sister down there, your local plod are ok by me.

88 in a 30....3x the limit............im suprised you didnt get to find out if your b/side was countersunk or punch bored!
Old 01-May-2006, 15:18
Mille

Mood: Big bill-money well spent
We're surrounded by idiots, just get used to it.
Old 01-May-2006, 15:41

Loud cans, small plates, speed limits etc etc, There all illegal and we all know it. So why is it acceptable to blame the police for doing their job and dealing with it when its rubbed in their faces. You may not agree with the laws, I may not agree with the laws but its hardly right to whinge because you get dealt with for breaking them ? We choose to take the risk of knowingly breaking the law even “just a little bit”. But the law is the law. Over the years I have picked up the bits of motorists of all varieties that have fallen foul of someone only braking the law a bit ! try telling that to the Mothers, fathers and children of the casualties.
Play within the rules - BE REAL !!
Old 01-May-2006, 16:24

[quote]Originally posted by andyb
Most of whats been said here is shite............i, and i would know, do not know of any selective policing, to do with number plates, dark visors, or exhausts!

I dont know of anyone ever being done, or anyone doing any one for these offences!

Contact derbyshire police and ask how many were nicked on easter sunday at matlock bath for small plates, exhausts and visors
etc etc, must run into hundreds !!

Not selective policing ????????
Old 01-May-2006, 18:59
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Zaker

Bet you didn't expect this much 'discussion' when you made your post
Old 01-May-2006, 19:24
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

small plates, noisy pipes, no excuse, imho.

Speeding in wiltshire is obviously only hazardous when its warm and sunny as our local police officers only set up their speed detection equipment then.