http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-888-NES...cmd ZViewItem
Old 23-Oct-2005, 15:16
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
ooh yeah bids in on that little lot mmmmm tasty
Old 29-Oct-2005, 16:43
500SD

Hi Neil..

Is that you bidding on this viper system? If so, here's some info. on these silmoto systems - taken from the guys on the Yahoo! group. It'll maybe help you decide how much to bid. (These guys recently commissioned a batch of eleven systems to be made for its list members - but for reasons unknown, two have already offered theirs for sale).

Negatives:
1) None of the 11 systems fit the same because they are hand finished so each system has its own challenges and they are hard work to make fit.
2) For the sticklers in the group the Sill sticker on left side can does not align evenly with the right side can (not as much of an issue if you take the stickers off and rotate the cans up or down to make them look right).
3) The header on the rear cylinder on some systems require you to remove the rear shock during installation.
4) On some systems the mating of the cans to the headers require some attention (either widening/flaring the pipe or narrowing/sanding the pipe according to fit) in order to make sure the cans do not shift at a later date (usually once they are brought to running temperature they snug right up),
5) Some tuning required (to the P8) to take full advantage of the system (or else in some cases one might notice a power drop).

Positives:
1) They look great when installed right (fit tight, finish very good, carbon looks super) and the slightly longer cans (over the Termis) make the bike look more aggressive/contemporary especially in the super high position, 2) The sound is great.
3) The Sil headers flow better than my Ferracci spaghetti headers and I suspect they deliver better top end performance (after some tweaking, one BCM customer achieved 4-5HP increase on the dyno on his 851).

ps. I won't be bidding again - so best of luck.

Steve

[Edited on 29-10-2005 by weeveetwin]
Old 29-Oct-2005, 17:40
500SD

yup, that's me bidding away merrily - not sure how much to go to on these though I've been told not to go higher than £900 as that's about all they are worth, considering the muck about to fit em up...on the other hand my other option is a corse termi system (brand new) that I've located for £1960.00 so if I'm picking between the two on cost the Silmoto set wins hands down. But performance differences I'm not too sure about - any ideas ??
cheers

Neil
Old 29-Oct-2005, 18:46
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
I think the SILs are probably better finished from my experince of SILs and talking to Jasper who has recently inspected a set of late Termi spaghettis. Termis where full of weld crap etc. In his opinion, not worth the £2k
Old 29-Oct-2005, 19:26
500SD

cheers Rob - advice noted.
Old 29-Oct-2005, 19:57
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
P.S. I have a GiaCaMoto (now Ducati Performace) spaghetti on my 888. Yep, it needed the ends of the can down pipes cutting and shutting to get the cans aligned correctly. If you don't win this SIL system, I think the USA gang may have two spares.

Rgds, Rob
Old 29-Oct-2005, 21:32
500SD

blast, looks like I need to look at a different zorst !!
Old 29-Oct-2005, 22:06
500SD

How much.Had a pair of 50mm silencers modded to fit the standard downpipes at JP Exhausts in Macclesfield,showed them a pic of the Termi spaghetti system.They reckoned on £500 max to copy it,either with a pattern or the bike to fit it to.They are serious exhaust builders,using top quality materials.Have a butchers at their site,give them a bell.2k is a scandalous amount of money for what you get.
Old 29-Oct-2005, 23:53
500SD

cheers m8, I'll try that one.
Neil