Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 04-Apr-2005, 13:57
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
A good half day out, racing started at midday on the Sunday. It didn't rain despite the threat all day.

On the previous day Mark Woods had won a Sound of Thunder/Thunderbike? race on his 998r, a first at Derby Phoenix i'm told? Red mist seemed to contribute to him reapeating the feat on the Sunday but for someone who was a novice until this meet he was going very well.

Loads of good racing, but unless you nail the start in the short races Derby P run you really are gonna struggle.

Weagi ran reliably enough to get his licence signed up and had a good dice in his last race with a PB lap time. Thanks for the cuppa!

Couchcommndo was there but never got to speak him, Missed Guido as well, sorry.

Very nice paint job on the 3up bike. The scotchguard additive seems to work well!! Nick was going pretty well and I hope wasn't invloved in the incident that stopped his last race as I left.

Ray.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 15:44
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Yeah, it was good to be back at a club race meet, albeit as a spectator only. I so wished I was racing.

Good to see a few DSC peeps, including Ray and Weagi. As Ray, I never saw Guy, except I think I spotted him hiding in the undergrowth in the in-field with his camera. I am sure he'll be along shortly with another superb array of shots.

Mark had a torrid Sunday with the second of his two crashes putting an end to his day. I was stood about 10 yards from where it happened. Going around the outside into turn one when they're already 3 abreast was definitely a red mist maneouver. The track was very dirty and no sooner he tipped it in, probably while dragging the front brake, he was skittling across the gravel. Didn't get to speak to him after that, hope his bike isn't too bad.

Team 3UpRacing was only running a single bike at this meet and Saturday provided good results. Nick was lying second in the newcomers championship. Sunday didn't go so well. Due to the appaling tannoy situation at Croft, he missed his second race due to the race being reshuffled from delays with the sidecars. This after he had a minor lowside at the hairpin before the finish line on the last lap. Surely, he would have at least cemented his championship standing.

In the allcomers final, which was red flagged to a multi-rider incident at turn 1, Nick was in solid mid field until he was unceremoneously punted off the track. He had to go through the muddy grass which put him dead last.

Still, the weather was very agreeable and we're looking forward to Anglesey.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 16:59
Ducati Meccanica

Agree with you, Weeksy. (How sacry is that?!)
Old 04-Apr-2005, 20:12
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Sorry I missed you all chaps.

Indeed I was therre all day. Arrived at 9am and left at 6pm. Thoroughly jiggered to then stay at my PC till 11:30pm downloading the images of the camera. On average I took 100 shots per race. If this is how the Desmo Due series is gonna be I'll need prozac... Didn't have a break all day as I was trying to maximise my sales potential by trying to get shots of as many riders as possible. Doing this on your own is very difficult with club racing cos the timetable is so frenetic, so the only break I got was to dash behind a tree on the outside of the Jim Clark Esses and irrigate a farmer's field.

Now starts the file conversion and uploading of the pics to my website. 6 hours in and 4 races sorted. There must be an easier way!!!!

Should have some shots of Steve (Weagi) so will let you know mate when I've gone through them all.

Gc
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:59
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
LOL I got a mention ta weeksy and co
Old 05-Apr-2005, 12:14
Ducati Meccanica

I hope Guy doesn't mind me linking to some of excellent work.

Here is DSC member Weagi showing how it's done:
http://www.copeimages.com/Galleries/...38_DSC0064.jpg
http://www.copeimages.com/Galleries/...38_DSC0029.jpg

The sole representative of Team 3UpRacing:
http://www.copeimages.com/Galleries/...98_DSC0041.jpg

And here an unlucky lad showing what not to do (great shot, though):
http://www.copeimages.com/Galleries/...14_DSC0006.jpg
Old 05-Apr-2005, 14:04
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Ouch.
Jim Clark Esses by the looks of it for one unfortunate victim, seen guys stuck in the corn field in the middle of the track before now.

Weagi
Glad you had a good day.
We met on the ESS at Croft the other year when your rear sprocket was grinding.

Felix
Nice pics of your mate there.

CC
Check out Cope Images to see if theres any of you on there?
Old 05-Apr-2005, 17:50
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
ahhh no.98 followed you home in the first race
Found this pic and on the outside is TWPD who I think posts here too

http://www.copeimages.com/Galleries/...67_DSC0003.jpg

[Edited on 5-4-2005 by couchcommando]
Old 08-Apr-2005, 00:04
Montjuic

Nice to see everyone. Ray, I hope Ben didn't get too muddy (Kate said she saw him at one point and couldn't actually decide whether he was covered in chocolate or mud). I had a good two days, bike ran and handled well [just got it back from sigma]. Guido - was that you lurking in the undergrowth at the start of the jim clark esses? Excellent pictures! I hope the new venture goes well. Hi Yella - are you doing any trackdays at croft? Hope to do some my self later in the year..... could do with the practice
Old 08-Apr-2005, 00:18
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Probably Weagi,
Need to rebuild the 748's engine first
Will probably post on here so keep checking in and good luck for this years racing.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit