Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 19-Jun-2006, 20:15
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
I think what he was pointing out was that in the past the riders were immediately spread out more than now as they all had different abilities/techniques for getting off the line,whereas these days launch systems will get them all to a certain point all bunched together,the main difference in separating distances was off the line from a standstill rather than two hundred yards down the track through a couple of gears.
Its not something that had really occurred to me until RM mentioned it,and he kinda knows what he's talking about (unlike me ).
A couple of races ago I remember them discussing these thing,pointing out Rossi's current launch technique of opening his throttle 100% and just dumping the clutch, and Mamola laughing at how high in the air he would have been if he'd done anything remotely like that in his racing days.
Old 20-Jun-2006, 13:07
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
Poor Sete, even the ambulance he was in crashed!

I have to say I have not seen the footage of the first corner on TV yet but, watching the on-line vid on the bbc website it does appear as though Loris drifted over towards Sete.

Lets hope both riders make a fully and speedy recovery.

F

I'm inclined to agree with you - my first thought was it was Sete, but having replayed the video several times, and using the white line marking the pit exit as a guide, Loris does drift over towards Sete as much as Sete drifts towards Loris, if not more.

Heroes the lot of them whatever, just one of those incidents, here's hoping they all make a speedy recovery.

Martin
Old 20-Jun-2006, 13:19
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
more importantly for Ducati though is that a new riders points will get added to the teams points toward the manufacturer and team standings.....i think?
Old 20-Jun-2006, 13:50
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

latest Ducati update

Monday Jun 19 2006
Update on Riders Condition

CAPIROSSI RETURNS HOME TO PREPARE FOR ASSEN - GIBERNAU TO UNDERGO COLLARBONE OPERATION TOMORROW, WILL MISS DUTCH TT

The latest updates on the condition of Loris Capirossi and Sete Gibernau following yesterday's horrific first corner crash at the Circuit de Catalunya have brought a sigh of relief to the MotoGP world. Luckily the consequences are not as serious as first thought, but they will have a partial effect on the Ducati Marlboro Team's participation in the Dutch TT race on Saturday.

Capirossi will take part in the next round of the MotoGP World Championship, while Gibernau will still be recovering following an operation to his collarbone.
Loris left Catalunya General Hospital in Barcelona today after remaining overnight for observation and has returned to Monte Carlo. Medical checks confirmed that the Italian rider can take part in the next round of the championship.

Sete Gibernau's condition is more complicated. The Spanish rider today underwent a further brain scan to rule out any possible complications for the operation to fix the minor fracture to his left collarbone, scheduled for late tomorrow morning. Surgeons will replace a plate inserted following an earlier accident with a larger plate. Only after this operation will it be possible to confirm when Gibernau can race again, but he will certainly miss the next round in the Netherlands.
Old 20-Jun-2006, 14:11
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
gregorio and leon are available this weekend!...................
Old 20-Jun-2006, 14:21
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G
I think what he was pointing out was that in the past the riders were immediately spread out more than now as they all had different abilities/techniques for getting off the line,whereas these days launch systems will get them all to a certain point all bunched together

If that was the case, surely they would all arrive at the corner in the positions they started on the grid, all evenly spaced out rather than bunched together?

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 20-Jun-2006, 14:27
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
It wasn't me who stated this,it was Randy Mamola, maybe he's pointing out that new technology has evened the field more than in his day which has brought new problems to light.
Old 20-Jun-2006, 15:38
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
And the answer is..................*drum roll*

Alex Hofmann!

Here's the Pramac D'Antin Press Release - http://kapitalmoto.co.uk/node/78
Old 20-Jun-2006, 15:45
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Alex Hoffman? *sighs*

Great....
Old 20-Jun-2006, 16:39
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz
Alex Hoffman? *sighs*

Great....

Exactly my thoughts, considering Ducati have Lavilla, Haslam available this weekend let alone other Ducati Factory riders around the globe, I'd of given Max the chance if it was me.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit