Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Feb-2005, 22:11
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
It might be induction noise but i'm still running the standard airbox lid with the snorkels in (however you spell it!!). I do have sensitive hearing as a rule and i'm very protective of it. Like you say John, its not an issue for me as i wear ear plugs all the time.

WHAT???

7 years in the Army around rifles, grenades etc etc and I am a little bit deaf.

Could also have been that Pantera concert, or the Smashing Pumpkins one where I climbed on stage next to the speaker stack. ....

WHAT??
Old 21-Feb-2005, 23:09
Ducati Corse

eh? what?
Old 22-Feb-2005, 14:30
Mille

Well in truth I did not have my ear plugs in during the only time I've ridden the bike with the termi's. I have finally taken delivery of my FIM chip so will try to get on it this weekend (weather permitting) with plugs and see how it goes.
John W. You say your inserts (for the ST ?) looked pants, I thought they slid in the pipe out of sight ??
Old 22-Feb-2005, 15:45
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I've had my original cans on since I wiped out my right hand Sil Motor can with lowsiding tomfoolery.

This weekend, I just fitted a set of ex-Rushjob, ex-Marko set of Ducati Performance cans (also made by Sil Motor as it happens - just round instead of oval like the last lot). I also got my battery charged again and started the old girl up (first prod of the button after standing for two months as well)

All I can say about the noise? Luuuuuuuuvvvvveeeerrrllllleeee!
Old 22-Feb-2005, 20:37
Ducati Corse

Quite right Jools. I started mine up for the first time in ten weeks and it sounded so blooming gorgeous i just had to take it for a spin even though it was 2 degrees outside. I've recently got hold of a pair of standard cans (£46 off ebay) so i can be quiet if i want!
Old 23-Feb-2005, 12:11
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Quote:
Originally posted by pcn1
John W. You say your inserts (for the ST ?) looked pants, I thought they slid in the pipe out of sight ??

The inserts get stuffed up the inside of the tail pipe from the exit end. You can't feed them up the other end as the pipe from the collector is both too long and has a sharp bend in it.

What your then meant to do is either rivet or screw them in place. The ones I brought have been formed over a mandrel and then chromed. When you look up the end of the pipe you can see the insert, and it looks 'orible.

The ones on the links rushjob has posted look miles better, so if I feel that way inclined I might buy a set of them.

One word of warning. If you have carbon cans the inserts can mean the carbon gets too hot due to the hot gasses spending longer in the pipe. This will discolour the carbon.
One of my DP cans has done this from having the panniers on the bike all the time and the can consequently not getting cooled enough by the passing air.

Cheers,
John.
Old 24-Feb-2005, 09:53
Mille

I tried to contact the person on E-bay selling the inserts made for termi's. They are based in Europe and have not replyed to my e-mail. Perhaps they can not read English !
They appear to look the best design.
Old 24-Feb-2005, 10:49
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
This is the same as the one I brought:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6130 830&rd=1

Not worth the money imo.

The other ones from the German guy on ebay look far better.
Let us know if he does get back to you and/or you buy a set.