Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Jan-2009, 00:02
500SD
Bikes: Diavel

First Ducati

A mate of mine found this old photo of my first Ducati - an 851ds from 1990, what a top bike that was, one of those 'wished I'd kept it' but it had to go to make way for a 996 of course.
Anyway what was your first Duke and was it a good experience? Has to be better than my first set of 1-piece leathers!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 851web.JPG (102.4 KB, 80 views)
Old 08-Jan-2009, 00:34
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Hi Rob,

Nice outfits, you both still look cool in them...

My first Ducati was my trusty 900ss that I still ride regularly today. The guy started her up in the showroom (nearly blowing the windows out!) and I did the deal there & then...

The Yamahaa was my second ever bike, many-many years before, check out those boots

Andy

Last edited by andys 900ss : 08-Jan-2009 at 11:21.
Old 08-Jan-2009, 10:30
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Nice pic Rob!

My first Duc wasn't very long ago. We bought it from Ali as a blown up mess of a thing and rebuilt it in the workshop. Despite being slow and not liking wet weather, it made me fall for Ducati's and I've had them since

#31 is me
Old 08-Jan-2009, 10:50
GTL

My first one is my 900SS - a keeper. Like Andy, I got hooked on the sound before I'd even ridden it! Wonder how many other Ducati owners that applies to?
I'll probably spend some time getting it into the A1 condition it deserves this year.
Old 08-Jan-2009, 12:05
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve GD

My first one is my 900SS - a keeper. Like Andy, I got hooked on the sound before I'd even ridden it! Wonder how many other Ducati owners that applies to?
I'll probably spend some time getting it into the A1 condition it deserves this year.

I'm still on my first Ducati although I've had it over 7 years now. As above, it was the sound that told me I wanted one, I remember staying at a friends house just outside Shaftesbury, just off a road leading out of the village, and hearing some guy on a 916 nail it... Sold!
Old 08-Jan-2009, 13:20
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Is that you on the back or the front Rob?????

My one and only Duc was my 748E. It stayed standard for about 20 minutes until I met a guy selling some carbon out of the back of a van at a trackday (I didn't ask) and it went from there to Ohlins shock, single seat, red mirrors, white number boards, Termi's and on and on until it became a full time track bike - 26,000 miles, expertly fettled by Nelly, it was running better when I sod it than it was when I bought it brand new - no kidding!

You'll have Chris Bushell, Monty and Skidlids along in a moment and the longest thread in history if they start listing their bikes

WeeJohnyB
Old 08-Jan-2009, 13:31
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
My first...the ST in this pic. Still got it, but it's not quite as clean now as it is in the photo, because it wasn't quite a year old when that pic was taken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beds-and-Herts-Boys.jpg (142.2 KB, 21 views)

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 08-Jan-2009, 14:33
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Same as grib my first was my 620 race bike bought from Mr Spencer, this is on my first outing on it not long after I bought it at the end of 2005 and it was freezing cold but I got the bug for them from that bike

Old 08-Jan-2009, 14:45
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
You'll have Chris Bushell, Monty and Skidlids along in a moment and the longest thread in history if they start listing their bikes

WeeJohnyB

wouldn't be that long a thread as I've only had one first Ducati which was a 916, maybe I should write something for Pronto about my initial ownership of a Ducati and where it has lead to.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Jan-2009, 14:53
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
I think that's an excellent idea Kev, be a good article reading about your love affair with the brand and all the bikes and bits and fettling you do. I always imagined your garage to look like a 1950's spares shop with hundreds of bits n pieces everywhere and only you know exactly where everything is....."yes I've got a left handed dopple flange you can borrow, it's here somewhere, oh yes, there it is"

WeeJohnyB

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit