Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 17-Aug-2004, 12:16
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Quote:
Originally posted by baylissboy
why should Birdy run 999's when he could get better results for less money?

Monstermob didn't have to pay for the bikes this year.

Yes the days of Ducati dominace in SBK racing are over, but thats no bad thing as it's no good for the sport when one bike is doing all the winning. But Ducati are far from finished.

As for the Monstermob results - Emmett or the bike?
for me it's Emmett - same results as every year - win at Brands, then finish who knows where at all the other circuits.

BB - you on for Mallory this Sunday if the monsoons have stopped?
Old 17-Aug-2004, 14:58
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
weeksy

James Haydon consistent,who are you trying a kid? That boy can crash for England!:P
Lets face it,thesr 999's are just not up to the job! Everyone that rides one complains about the front end feel!!
STEVE M
Although Birdy didn't pay for the bikes,it still cost more to run a factory Duke than a fireblade,surely?
PS Can't make Sunday,she's got plans for me!!
Old 17-Aug-2004, 15:26
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Quote:
Originally posted by baylissboy
weeksy

James Haydon consistent,who are you trying a kid? That boy can crash for England!:P
Lets face it,thesr 999's are just not up to the job! Everyone that rides one complains about the front end feel!!
STEVE M
Although Birdy didn't pay for the bikes,it still cost more to run a factory Duke than a fireblade,surely?
PS Can't make Sunday,she's got plans for me!!

Have to agree about Haydon - Mr highside - I've never seen anyone in the air so often.

Does Birdy have to pay the running costs of the bikes or just the team? which would be the same for any bikes. Does seem like the days of the midfield teams running dukes are over though.

Sunday - and I was going to buy breakfast at McDonalds

[Edited on 17-8-2004 by STEVE M]
Old 23-Aug-2004, 01:22
BSB Star

[quote]Originally posted by weeksy
JR is consistent ? Well ..... lets be honest.... he can be.... then he can't be.... which in my books says, he isn't. He's MORE consistent than Emmett for example, but less than Kaga/Rutter at times. Then again, at times, they are less than him.

What???
Old 23-Aug-2004, 10:25
BSB Star

But Haydon seems to have turned the corner, was reading the new edition of Superbike over weekend, Haydon's interview makes for an interesting read. I'm sure he'll end up with a good ride next year. Sure Emmett is out, and i don't think he'll find a good ride. Can't see Scott moving teams, yet. To much of a good time right now. And if Monstermob move to Hondas, I'm sure Ducati will find another team for their 999's. Lets hope next year the 999 is a better package, and they move from Dunlops.

As for WSB, sure they will sort the front end issues out, this year has been made more obvious the problem, with the tyres, as mentioned above.

I think it is so good to see various teams and bikes win races, it's good for the sport. As for WSB finished, bollox. Infact i believe the tyre rule has opened up the championship far better than anyone would have thought. No more is one team so dominant, and so many other riders and teams winning.
Old 26-Aug-2004, 01:55
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Well the 999 is having to compete against 1000cc for a start not like the 996/8 gimme V the 750's!!

Add to that a bit of foggy/Corser/bayliss, compared to toseland/laconi/emmett, does paint a picture.

Weeksy are you sponsored by AJR? oh yeah.... Dean Thomas has had one or two moments of fame but, serious contender??
Old 26-Aug-2004, 12:32
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Ducati in BSB has only gone wrong when they started using them ugly bikes!!

The 998 won with Shakey on board against the 1000cc 4s in 2003
and Hizzy did the same in 2002.

The main factors are the ongoing development progress that the IL4 mob are making, the well documented probs with the 999 and the lack of a fully confident consistent rider on board a Ducati.

A company as small as Ducati is gonna struggle to keep pouring the resources in that are needed to keep all its bike racing plates spinning.

Ducati's are expensive to buy and run in BSB, people don't mind paying up when they are winning but when they' re not...................

Ray
Old 26-Aug-2004, 12:53
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit