Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Prev   Next
Old 20-Aug-2004, 10:28
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Insurance method works

I thought I would share my results so far in using the 'Simon_London' method of getting insurance. I'm not sure if you have read his thread in the insurance section but it goes along the lines of filling out a word template (3 pages of information about you, your bike and your history - everything the insurance company wants to hear) and then faxing it to 50 odd insurance company's.

So I've filled it out and yesterday I faxed it to 30 odd insurance company's. My renewal quote from Carole Nash was £1038. I've now had four quotes between £710 and £725 and I know they are all using the same underwriter. Thats enough saving to pay for my track bodywork and to buy some beer

Interestingly enough, I think only around 10 company's have responded. insuremyducati is one of the ones that hasn't and I filled out their web form on Wednesday night, I'm a bit disappointed about that to be honest. I'll give them a ring this morning ... Carole Nash haven't gotten back to me either and I'm currently insured with them.

I'll keep you posted with how I go today .. it's due tomorrow so it will be decision time soon.