Originally Posted by Col996s
Although they can be annoying. I had been looking at a present for my daughter recently. Last night I was on here and she was looking over my shoulder and the item popped up in the Goggle ads.
That will be Google tracking your searches and matching them up to the adverts!
I believe you can turn this off though:
1. In the top-right corner of each advert is the "AdChoices" logo -
- click this
2. A new page will open at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
with some options
3. Select the "Your Ad Choices" option
4. On here you can turn on/off which companies are allowed to track you, so you could select the "Turn Off All Companies" option
5. Confirm/Save your settings as required
I'm not sure if you will need to do this repeatedly, but I do expect you will have to do it for each machine/browser that you use (ie, on both your home pc and laptop or ipad) and it may be worth going back every so often to confirm the settings.
Note that this is not a specific DSC thing, but a feature of the Google Ads system used on pretty much every website!