Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 24-Apr-2005, 17:20
Big Twin

Dealer Service!

I booked my Multistrada in a few weeks ago for the 6000 mile service. On phoning the dealers I also mentioned it would be a good time for them to do the oil line recall as I am a 2 hour round trip from them.

The bike was booked in for the service on Tuesday 19th April, the dealer rang me a few days later to ask if they could change the date to Wednesday 20th April, This was no problem at all as he said I could still bring the bike on the Tuesday and pick it up on Thursday. So I dropped the bike as arranged and waited for the call on Thursday which did not come, again no call on Friday so I waited till Saturday to ring them as I wanted to collect the bike so I could use it today (Sunday) I was told the mechanic was servicing the bike as we spoke.

They explained that they would not know if the bike would be finished until about 4pm on Saturaday and I could ring back then! This was little use to me as even if the bike was finished I would not have enough time to get to the dealers and collect it before they closed. I told them that if I did not phone that day I would call on Sunday to sort out collection.

When I arrived home from Hospital (thats another story) at 5.30 on Saturday there was a message on my machine which went like this 'Your bike is ready if you want to take it this afternoon, but its gonna have to come back again next week because its outstanding some parts that need fitting to finish it off completely. A couple of little jobs need doing and your fuel injection needs to be set up correctly'

Now I may be being oversensitive but I am not happy at all that a bike that has been booked in for a service for weeks and delivered to the dealer the day before the service date (so they could start the service first thing in the morning) is still not ready for me 4 days later. If I had a message that the service was done but they were waiting for the recall parts (oil lines) and could I pop back at a later date to have them done hopefully while I waited, I would not be too bothered. They did not actually say that it was the oil lines they were waiting for. What else could it be? Oil filter? Oil?

So I phones the dealers today (Sunday) and of course there is nobody there from the service department only Sales. So my bike is sat there half serviced while everybody and their dog are out on their bikes this weekend!

As you may be able to tell I am not very happy at all with this situation! It is a joke that a bike can be booked in for a routine service and the dealers not have the parts for doing the job. I am particular annoyed that I made such an effort to get my bike there as arranged as I had a very traumatic day on Monday (I will mention that on another post perhaps) and really the last thing I should have been thinking about was getting my bike serviced but I did not want to let the dealers down as my bike was booked in.
Old 24-Apr-2005, 17:38
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Rubbish service, they really should be doing something to try and make it up to you!

Dear oh dear!
Old 24-Apr-2005, 17:45
Mille

Go on - give us a clue..
Old 24-Apr-2005, 19:35
Big Twin

A clue?

For Sure!
Old 24-Apr-2005, 19:41
Big Twin

Full Service?
Old 24-Apr-2005, 19:42
Big Twin

Flipping Shoddy?
Old 24-Apr-2005, 20:15
Mille

How about Fylde Superbikes?
Old 24-Apr-2005, 20:19
Mille

Suggest you write them a letter or email and give them a chance to explain. If the answer is not satisfactory then write them another letter with a copy to Ducati UK.

SAJ
Old 24-Apr-2005, 20:44
Mille

FS, now thats dosen't surpise me since they own DM, looks like we'll all be shopping elsewhere in the future
Old 24-Apr-2005, 21:18
Mille

Mood: Got the S - waiting for the Termi's
Lack of focus on the part of the dealer -

seems to be diversifying into the restaurant and car business - hopefully not at the expense of the bike business