Ducati Sporting Club
Home Calendar Gallery Membership Online Shop DSC Blogs Extras
Go Back   Ducati Sporting Club > Bike Security > Stolen Bikes
Reload this Page Stolen R6 5 days old
Forum Home Register FAQ Search Forum Recent Posts Mark Forums Read

Stolen Bikes Please read the guidelines on this thread before posting an entry

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-May-2006, 12:28 PM
BDG's Avatar
BDG BDG is offline
Registered Forum User
Ducati Corse
 
Posts: 3,897
Join Date: Sep 2003
Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Stolen R6 5 days old

Just heard a very sad and annoying story from one of the lads at work.

His brothers brand new R6 was stolen last night. I've been to his house and he lives in a very quiet village near Darlington. The house cannot be seen from the main road, and even if someone saw him drive into his street there are a dozen houses to choose from, so the thieves knew exactly where the bike was, locked away in his garage in a very private courtyard, impossible to see unless you are actually there.

I don't have any details on registration etc, but all i'm saying is be very carefull no matter where you live.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-May-2006, 01:04 PM
twpd twpd is offline
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse
 
Posts: 3,170
Join Date: Feb 2002
Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
I live in Darlo. One of the hartside lads is a copper in Durham and he surprised me by saying that there had been a very large increase in bike theft locally of late. So, I guess I better start taking some extra precautions.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 18-Jun-2006, 08:14 PM
RCA RCA is offline
Banned
Mille
 
Posts: 237
Join Date: Aug 2005
Mood: 1098S done 1460 miles...
I guess people are still not learning, like I keep it on saying:

KEEP IT IN THE FECKING HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

That will be another fully comp claim paid out in full, cant wait to renew next time...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 18-Jun-2006, 08:19 PM
TP's Avatar
TP TP is offline
Registered Forum User
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 15,650
Join Date: Apr 2004
Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA
I guess people are still not learning, like I keep it on saying:

KEEP IT IN THE FECKING HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

That will be another fully comp claim paid out in full, cant wait to renew next time...

What an absolutely ridiculous statement - it must be nice on your planet. I hope we're not going to go down this road again ...


Last edited by TP : 18-Jun-2006 at 08:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18-Jun-2006, 08:20 PM
TP's Avatar
TP TP is offline
Registered Forum User
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 15,650
Join Date: Apr 2004
Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG
Just heard a very sad and annoying story from one of the lads at work.

His brothers brand new R6 was stolen last night. I've been to his house and he lives in a very quiet village near Darlington. The house cannot be seen from the main road, and even if someone saw him drive into his street there are a dozen houses to choose from, so the thieves knew exactly where the bike was, locked away in his garage in a very private courtyard, impossible to see unless you are actually there.

I don't have any details on registration etc, but all i'm saying is be very carefull no matter where you live.

Sorry to hear that big fella, that sucks the big one!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18-Jun-2006, 08:41 PM
RCA RCA is offline
Banned
Mille
 
Posts: 237
Join Date: Aug 2005
Mood: 1098S done 1460 miles...
No we are not, I have already made my point, months ago, which was a valid one which the majority of contributers agreed with.

12 of us in our group, riding for 10 years, all keep our bikes in the house, non of use have ever had one taken...

Draw your own conclusions Einstein.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-Jun-2006, 08:45 PM
TP's Avatar
TP TP is offline
Registered Forum User
MotoGP God
 
Posts: 15,650
Join Date: Apr 2004
Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA
No we are not, I have already made my point, months ago, which was a valid one which the majority of contributers agreed with.

12 of us in our group, riding for 10 years, all keep our bikes in the house, non of use have ever had one taken...

Draw your own conclusions Einstein.

Yeah because everyone is capable of bringing their bike into their house aren't they ...

Anyone who lives in a flat that isn't on the ground floor clearly is not entitled to own a bike ...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18-Jun-2006, 08:45 PM
Carbon749's Avatar
Carbon749 Carbon749 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,957
Join Date: Mar 2005
Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA
No we are not, I have already made my point, months ago, which was a valid one which the majority of contributers agreed with.

12 of us in our group, riding for 10 years, all keep our bikes in the house, non of use have ever had one taken...

Draw your own conclusions Einstein.

Fair comment and glad it works for you, but, not everyone is in the lucky position to be able to keep their bike in the house. So it's a little harsh to say that people keeping a bike in a locked garage will never learn.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-Jun-2006, 09:48 PM
andyb's Avatar
andyb andyb is offline
Registered Forum User
BSB Star
 
Posts: 6,721
Join Date: Feb 2002
Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon749
Fair comment and glad it works for you, but, not everyone is in the lucky position to be able to keep their bike in the house. So it's a little harsh to say that people keeping a bike in a locked garage will never learn.
I think youll find it may well impact on your house insurance if you declare it! The bike should have no fuel in it what so ever!In my humble opinion, the offenders that are committing this sort of theft are quite prepared to enter your house to take the keys, so why not your bike! All you do is end up with the potential of a serious confrontation that could hurt!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 18-Jun-2006, 10:01 PM
guest1 guest1 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,174
Join Date: Mar 2008
Good point there Andy. My garage is integral to the house and to comply with building regs it has fireproof structure i.e. ceiling. I believe the regs refer to 1hour fire resistance and building insurance would demand same because effectively your front room has become a garage.
Reply With Quote
Reply
  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Recent Posts - Contact Us - DSC Home - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. - © Ducati Sporting Club - All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:23 AM.