Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 19-Jul-2006, 21:59
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Change of race format at New Era

Quote:
A “NEW ERA” FOR THE SUPERCLUB CHAMPIONSHIP
AT DONINGTON PARK ON SUNDAY 13th AUGUST 2006

In response to requests from our Riders and having regard to the large number of entries received, the New Era Club have decided to re-arrange the forthcoming meeting at Donington Park in August.

The Club is concerned that there should be a recognisable difference between a normal Club Championship meeting and a SuperClub anyway. The hectic 18/20 race programme that has been run of late at SuperClub is the cause of much frustration to both the Club Officials and our Riders when races have to be declared finished after only a few laps or shortened in distance. This situation arises of course as a result of the increasing number of “Red Flags” that are now being displayed and the time lost is not there to be regained.
Whilst we will always have the safety and well being of our riders as our top priority we feel that it is now essential to schedule a Programme that is most likely to enable a “proper” meeting to be run and thus give everyone involved a satisfactory day out.

As a result of our deliberations we have decided that at Donington we will change the format to give each rider One 15 Minute Timed Practice and One Race of 12 Laps (23.4 Miles). One set of SuperClub Championship points will be allocated and our normal good quality Trophies will be awarded.

The Track time for everyone will thus be a little more in total than originally envisaged on the Supplementary Regulations. The Entry Fee will remain the same. (Incidentally, you may like to know that the Club has to pay Thirty Two Thousand Six Hundred Pounds (£32,600.00) to hire the circuit - on top of which we also have to pay for the Insurance, the Awards, the Marshals and all the other costs involved in running a meeting.)

The Club recognises that this change may not suit everyone so offers the chance for Riders to withdraw their entry without penalty – provided this is received in writing in the New Era Offices by the 29th July 2006 at the very latest – the normal closing date for entries.

Jean MASLIN
Chief Executive – New Era MCC
Ware – 18th July 2006

Original PDF file here

Last edited by domski : 19-Jul-2006 at 22:09.
Old 19-Jul-2006, 22:16
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
So does it affect us or not? I'm not too fussed either way to be honest, but I do prefer 2 races as it gives us a chance to recover and analyse where we went wrong / right in between, and who says they won't cut the practice down anyway??
Old 19-Jul-2006, 22:34
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
So what does this mean for us as we're not contesting NE Superclub?

Over to you RC......

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 19-Jul-2006, 23:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Approx three weeks to go and they change their minds over the whole meeting format.
Who do they think they are ?
Who do they think _we_ are ?
I think they are pathetic if they think this an announcement this late is supposed to be an improvement.
Old 19-Jul-2006, 23:18
Ducati Meccanica

I only posted my entry off today
Old 19-Jul-2006, 23:20
Ducati Meccanica

And I booked the saturday track day today too
Old 20-Jul-2006, 00:13
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
we need to find out if this effects us or not and are all meetings going to be like this or just supercup

whats supercup ?

im not bothered either way one long race or two short
Old 20-Jul-2006, 08:42
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
You guys may not be bothered if its one race or two i CERTAINLY am..but can i highlight a few things you may not have thought off...

The long race if 50% 6 laps has been completed and red flagged could well be stopped

What if you fall off...its the whole weekend ruined at least with 2 races you stand a chance in getting out in race 2 etc.?

What if you break down , at least you have time to recover for race 2 .?

longer qually does not actually help as after lap 3 we are all in traffic anyways..??

1 race gives us 1 start.....i happen to like the starts getting of the line etc..2 races it better

If you have a bad race 1 at least in race 2 you can improve...in a 1 race formatt thats it ..?

2 races makes a day of it.......

Its what i signed up for.........!!

IM fairly confident that as we are not challenging for superclub then our race formatt will remain the same.....

IM sure the RC will verify this for us..............

If we all get complacent and " im not bothered " then the series will gradually diminish..we need to be active and not accept the changes we feel are not in the clubs interest. If you are not bothered at least support those that are.?

Phil
Old 20-Jul-2006, 09:32
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
i think two races are better too just want to race at the end of the day
Old 20-Jul-2006, 09:34
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
is there a choice? Dont NE run the series therefore agree the racing format and DD have to tow the line along with all other championships?