Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 25-Aug-2004, 13:51
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
One for the Paso owners

http://ducatipaso.org/
Old 27-Aug-2004, 16:16
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
My dream bike that was kev when I was younger..still like them now.

Mind you..visited Rich's workshops on Wednesday and he had a rare black one in for service..had a sit on it and it was an affort to get it off the sidestand...235 CHUFFING KILOS !!!

Its criminal to see them being punted about on ebay for about £600...

Nat
Old 27-Aug-2004, 16:35
Ducati Corse

I have to say that they are probably one of the worst looking bikes out there (in my eyes at least!!) Didnt they some horrid Weber CV carb that gave loads of trouble?
Old 27-Aug-2004, 17:55
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
had a test ride on one and the 750 sport thought it looked great but your right huge flat spot around 3000 to 4000 rpm well not a flat spot more a gaping chasm
Old 28-Aug-2004, 01:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Its a sot of Love/Hate thing for me.
My mate Mario (Maz) use to drag race a 906 with a fair bit of success, I wouldn't mind picking up a cheap 907ie one day and seeing how much it could be improved with bits from later Ducati models.
Old 29-Aug-2004, 08:25
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yeah the Weber carbed ones were plagued with problems.It was all sorted out with the 907i.e.
My mate Clarkmeister had a 907.I found it to be a capable and comfy bike to ride.It handled reasonably well and the water cooled motor was a peach.The downsides were,it was fairly heavy,the bodywork was a bitch to get on and off and the ignition relays were sited in the frint where they got all the rain,spray and muck.Missfires?.........you bet!
I saw a dog rough 750 Paso for sale recently at a Newark autojumble.It looked very sad sat there and had no takers.
Tyres for the 16" rims are obsolete and I guess stuff like bodywork is unobtainium too.
The mirror/indicator pods used to fall off regulary as well.
Old 16-Sep-2004, 21:59

Mood: Variable
I am not ashamed.
I am still a Paso owner & have indeed ridden all varieties of the breed. The 750 was probably the "purest"version but the carburation was indeed horrible. The little wheels made the handling a bit quirky but they went round corners on their bar ends once you got used to it. The original Pirelli MP7s suited best & the Weber could be sorted with a fuel pressure regulator, filter mods & rejetting. The 906 had the same bottom end as the current 900 range (ish), breathed a bit better, went a bit quicker & was a bit more stable with a longer swing arm I think. Top banana was the 907ie. Coincidentally I own one of these. Same running gear as the early 851s. No tyre availability probs. Weber Marelli injection. Comfy. Fairly quick. Homely looks ( there's always at least one good angle if you know what I'm saying, on the 907 it's from behind, maybe we shouldn't go there). As much grunt as the ST2, arguably less ugly. I'd love to try one with an ST3 engine in.
If I'm honest it's a quicker real world road bike than my 748 & it doesn't beat you up every run. I love my Paso.
Does anyone know who can rebuild Marzocchi shocks though ?

Robbie
Old 16-Sep-2004, 22:52
Big Twin

Had a grey coloured 906.
What amazed me was the quarter inch chain.
How did that stand up to the thrashing just doesn't add up