Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Private Adverts (/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   What gloves have you got? (/showthread.php?t=10931)

ath748 10-Oct-2004 19:06

What gloves have you got?

Hi all,

I'm going to need some new gloves soon (both winter and summer/racing). Just wondering what everyone out there is wearing and how you rate them.

I only have some summer racing ones at the mo - Dainese Intruder. Sounds a bit filthy but I find them to be really good.

Was thinking about getting some Texport TX-1 for summer use, and Texport Defender Pro for winter. Both came very high up in the latest Ride mag reviews.

Thoughts? If anyone has any!!

Cheers,

Ade.

TP 10-Oct-2004 19:11

I don't remember what my winter gloves are to be exact, some Alpinestar numbers.

My summer gloves are Alpinestars GP Pro - top notch!

WeeJohnyB 10-Oct-2004 22:15

Had the Alpinestars Gp pro, but they didn't last more than 5 crashes....you just can't get quality these days....seriously...they were excellent. Had some Dainese race gloves but they ripped on impact, so I sewed them again, but then one freezing cold race day I put them on the engine to dry and warm between races and they er well stuck to it, bullocks. Also got Alpinstars winter jobbies which are brilliant. Not that warm, but always dry.

Bought some Held gloves from Graham at GLF in Flitwick who does all the MJK leathers. Superb gloves, best I've ever had by a long way.

WeeJohnyB

Felix 10-Oct-2004 23:54

Held for me as well, although race only for me. Great gloves for not that much money.

dickieducati 11-Oct-2004 09:36

gp pro's for me too, no off's in them yet but feel great.

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by dickieducati]

Loz 11-Oct-2004 10:00

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati
gp pro's for me too, no off's in them yet but fell great.

Freudian slip or what!

:lol:

dickieducati 11-Oct-2004 10:24

doh!....................................i'll be amending my post as quick as you like!:o

Monty 11-Oct-2004 11:45

Held for me as well, superb gloves, and not that expensive, about £118 for the top spec ones.
Winter gloves are Hein Gerrick waterproof, which they are and warm too so that's that sorted.

John

Lily 11-Oct-2004 12:06

A star for me too. Great gloves!

Had Joe Rocket before which were really comfy, but the finger wore through (shortly before my finger wore through :( ) so I decided I needed a little more protection.

Apparently my Astar glove survived pretty intact after last off, but the ambulance 'lost' it, so I will never know!

JPM 11-Oct-2004 12:14

Summer gloves A-star GP Tech :D very comfy, and heavily vented

T/day come winter, A-star GP Pro, seemed OK yesterday anyway