Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Proposal to run wets in 2016 (/showthread.php?t=423616)

bally71 28-Oct-2015 17:00

Can I raise another point ..

What about tyre warmers (not for wets obvs)

But if we are on a mixed grid and half are going into the corner with steaming hot rubber and half with ice cold blocks ...

Is that not going to be cause for concern?

just sayin (expecting to be shot down in flames)

I'd rather do without myself

skidlids 28-Oct-2015 20:22

Wasn't a concern at Castle Combe a couple of months ago when out mixing it with the Minitwins and the Open 500s

chris.p 28-Oct-2015 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by bally71
Can I raise another point ..

What about tyre warmers (not for wets obvs)

But if we are on a mixed grid and half are going into the corner with steaming hot rubber and half with ice cold blocks ...

Is that not going to be cause for concern?

just sayin (expecting to be shot down in flames)

I'd rather do without myself

It's all in the mind, by the time you actualy get off the grid your tyres are hardly luke warm.

coppersaucepipe 28-Oct-2015 22:10

I've never run warmers and I like not needing electricity

paynep 31-Oct-2015 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.p
It's all in the mind, by the time you actualy get off the grid your tyres are hardly luke warm.

...but they are warmer than stone cold..... :ninja:

In my mind that's better.......

Trumpet 01-Nov-2015 00:25

Tyres

Here's another thought; if we do run wets that means that we wouldn't have to run an all weather tyre (road style) in the dry, so does that open up the possibility of a more track or race style control tyre?
Of course also hoping we get another good sponsorship deal from the tyre manufacturer :)

milesaway 01-Nov-2015 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpet
Here's another thought; if we do run wets that means that we wouldn't have to run an all weather tyre (road style) in the dry, so does that open up the possibility of a more track or race style control tyre?
Of course also hoping we get another good sponsorship deal from the tyre manufacturer :)

a true race tyre would need warmers i beleive and not warm as quickly without them as what we have had

Trumpet 01-Nov-2015 09:23

Was thinking of something more like Pirelli Super Corsa's or equivalent, but its a fair point, I understand the reasoning behind looking at going to wets, but I think we start to loose the essence of DD if we add warmers as well.

milesaway 01-Nov-2015 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumpet
Was thinking of something more like Pirelli Super Corsa's or equivalent, but its a fair point, I understand the reasoning behind looking at going to wets, but I think we start to loose the essence of DD if we add warmers as well.

totally agree- my patience with generators as good as it is with traffic wardens

Graeme 02-Nov-2015 10:22

Two pennies worth from a potential new rider. DD looks attractive to me because of the lack of faff - no swapping wheels, no tyre warmers, no generators, electric starter, etc (but understand the pressures of having to share with other series)