Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   New Second Bike (/showthread.php?t=27150)

ak47 16-Feb-2006 17:23

New Second Bike

Hi Guys, just thought I would share with you that have just bought a KTM supermoto......What a laff!! The front wheel has a mind of it's own and doesn't like to be on the road too offen.
The 749s will be for special occasions now.....

http://www.motorbiking.co.uk/bikes/00177.html

Wish me luck!

Ali

TP 16-Feb-2006 17:51

Mmm, nice one.

I wanted one of those ages ago. But they do have a reputation (not as abad as the husqies) as being a bit of a hand grenade. Also, their service intervals scared me! I wanted to commute on it and I'd be changing it's oil every few weeks!

Lee1980 16-Feb-2006 17:51

Very nice Ali, cool second bike to awesome for the commute thru traffic wheelies and stoppies all the way :lol::lol::lol:

ak47 16-Feb-2006 17:57

I understand they have a fairly demanding maintenance schedule, but the bike is so simple that I can do it myself. Also a new panel is 12 quid so I don't have to be so careful in london...

As for the stoppies, I am actually dissapointed with the front brake. I have over run a couple of junctions. However, both together are awesome. I think I have been spoilt with the Duc!!!

TP 16-Feb-2006 18:00

Quote:

Originally posted by ak47
I understand they have a fairly demanding maintenance schedule, but the bike is so simple that I can do it myself. Also a new panel is 12 quid so I don't have to be so careful in london...

As for the stoppies, I am actually dissapointed with the front brake. I have over run a couple of junctions. However, both together are awesome. I think I have been spoilt with the Duc!!!

You're right, they are fairly simple. I guess there was a number of factors I failed to mention:

1) I'm a lazy git
2) I couldn't be arsed
3) Refer to points 1 and 2.

:D

[Edited on 16-2-2006 by TP]

ak47 16-Feb-2006 18:16

Quote:

Originally posted by TP
Quote:

Originally posted by ak47

You're right, they are fairly simple. I guess there was a number of factors I failed to mention:

1) I'm a lazy git
2) I couldn't be arsed
3) Refer to points 1 and 2.

:D

[Edited on 16-2-2006 by TP]

I am definitely point 3......oh well!!! the bike was fun while it lasted!!!

Nick 916 16-Feb-2006 19:38

ditch the KTM 4 potter, and get a Husaberg 6 pot, with a 310 disc, no more problems. only joking, nice bike, I do miss my Supermoto, 650 Berg, one day I will have to get another.
the LC4 got a good motor, and I belive responds well to a little tuning,
have a look at solentsupermotos.co.uk, there's afew on there with them there beasts.
have fun.

khu996 16-Feb-2006 21:49

I did the same, but got a 660 SMC, best thing I ever did.

Just get on it, and try and hide the huge grin...its such a laugh.

The brembo cylinder and 320mm disc on mine is more than a match for my 749!

Does yours have standard gearing? If so, a little change can make it even more of a hoot.

swannymere 17-Feb-2006 13:35

Drop a cog at the front,take the snorkel out the top of the airbox,fit a DOMA race can,get the carb adjusted to suit,yee-hah wheelies off the throttle.What's this about servicing every couple of weeks?I had mine serviced according to schedule and it was more like once a year except oil and filters.The other 4-stroke KTM's (non-LC4) need servicing every 2-3 hours:o

ak47 17-Feb-2006 13:37

It has a WRP can and the filters have been done.....it now breathes fire. I will sort the sprocket as soon as I can.....

I have caught myself out with a few suprise wheelies already....sorry officer!!!!